+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    OJandMe is offline I am the strength my children will have.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    DH constantly has me in fits of laughter...

I just can't remember stuff he's done/said right now.

He's incredibly well read and very intelligent... but his humour is so irreverent and politically incorrect it just cracks me up.
    Last edited by OJandMe; 11-04-2012 at 17:20.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DH always cracks me up, but the most recent was when we were out shopping for dinner he pointed to Quiche Lorraine and said " whats Qweechee Lorraine?"

Guess he was having a bad day??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbow road View Post
    DP studied psychology and philosophy and is really intelligent but tends to express her intelligence in politically incorrect ways, or just through humour.

She CONSTANTLY quotes Anchorman - I don't think I've ever said "I love you" without her first response being "I love lamp."

She also tells jokes to express statistics. Her favourite (if it offends, I'll delete):

"I've heard that every third person is Chinese. I have two brothers, John and Qi Mien. I think it's John."

That's her humour. It gets exhausting after a while!
    Lol - I love lamp! No wonder you love her so much!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My husband was wanting to sort out our garden when we just moved into a house. It was a mess so he was determined to get stuck into it.

We were watching better homes and gardens and the guy said "all a garden needs to be beautiful is some good TLC"
    My husbands jumps up to write down "TLC" as he thought it was a type of fertilizer lol! He was saying "oh we need to get down to bunnings to get some of that!"
    I just had to laugh!! He didn't believe me when I told him TLC means tender loving care lol.

He does many things like this that make me laugh
    And a few other silly things he manages to do lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    DH is the never ending project man which is great. But sometimes his enthusiasm for the completely self done renovation is tiring. Such as when I suggested I go to buy some fly wire screens (middle of summer, DS newborn) - 'I'll just make em', still don't have them. Or we're ready to polish the floor - 'think it's easier if I do it myself', still unfinished floors. Very cute but his list on the fridge is getting longer every day. Currently.. Building a shed entirely made from recycled, reclaimed timber., not sure how long we'll be waiting to find iron to finish the roof...

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    DH once referred to Thai people as "Thailanese" in a discussion about Thailand. It was hilarious, he genuinely thought it was the correct terminology (perhaps mixed up with "Taiwanese"?). I finally got over that one when he referred to Norway as "Norwegia". Hahahaha it still makes me laugh out loud I feel so smug writing these, but he laughs with me. Geography was never his forte.

A funny thing he has done:

Once he was vacuuming and listening to his ipod (really loudly, as he does), and the cord unplugged from the powerpoint behind him. However, he didn't realise for ages because his music was so loud. I watched him "vacuum" without it actually being plugged in for a good couple of minutes but I couldn't contain myself any longer It was really funny to watch.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Last night I was lying on the lounge reading and watching (what I consider to be) meaningful discussions on youtube.

DP was up playing Starwars kinect , light sabre-ing it up and having a dance off with a bikini clad computer generated Princess Leia...bustin' out some some pretty sexy moves with teh silliest grin on his face!
    ..we are so different it's laughable.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hehehe DPs are funny..

The only one I can think of happened was when we first moved to Aussie was when we were trying to find this place for a job interview, we couldn't find it so had pulled over to ring the guy DF was having an interview with, half way through we noticed this chick standing on the side of the road waving.. At a bus.. DF very loudly swore at the guy.. Who acted like nothing had happened. The bus didn't stop either and the chick waiting started walking towards the car with a very angry look... Meanwhile I couldn't stop giggling.. It was more a had to be there moment.. Im still giggling right now

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh I remember a couple lol

The other night we had a big disagreement (very rare in this house), after making up he says "well guess you had no money to leave so you decided we should make up" lol DH knows I'm very resourceful and independent person. So yes it was a big joke.

When I was moving in with DH years ago my dad said to him 'make sure you treat her well cause I don't want her coming back!' (very joking manner) so DH always reminds me of this when I get sh!tty at him. Makes us laugh

When DH asked my dad for permission to marry me dad told him he had to change footy teams before he'd be allowed into our family, DH reply "no worries we can continue to live in sin" lol dad quickly relented lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tonight's performance by DH? Putting on (trying too -feet too big) my work shoes (heels) and shuffling across the lounge room in front of me with a silly grin while I watched tv. Looked charming with his gym shorts and tshirt.

It's a new one. He still finds new ways to make me laugh after 15 yrs.