+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 65 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Sometimes I do. It surprises me if people remember things about me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MothersMilk View Post
    Yeah, sometimes.
    I think i often go unnoticed, i'm sure many have no idea who i am despite my huge post count. I'm not very articulate or funny or interesting and i am quite polite and don't stir the pot so i think that makes me fairly unmemorable.
    I feel the same!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Not totally invisible, I know some people on here know me but in the super intelligent threads where everyone trots out all these quotes and theories I get totally overwhelmed . I have been on here a long time ans sometimes feel totally invisible but I can't be bothered posting incessantly so everyone knows me. I too think of you as one of the popular ones..

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    yes, I often find I'll say something and no-one will notice it, then someone will get 5 million likes and responses for saying the same thing a few pages later OI!!! I said it first!!!

It doesn't bother me so much these days. Mostly I'll keep out of debate threads, I liked flexing my brain muscles a bit more when I was a full time SAHM, but now I'm back at work that takes up all my intellectual energy and I mainly stick to the fluff.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FearlessLeader For This Useful Post:

MuminMind  (11-04-2012),Shoopuf  (11-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Everyone who's posted here is someone I consider quite visible and popular on this forum, honestly. You're some of my favourite posters. So, not invisible. But I can see how its easy to feel that way on such a big forum.

I tend to stay out of most of the 'intellectual' type threads because others seem to say what I would much better than me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I dont get many responses or 'thanks' but im preeeeettty new so maybe that is why...? maybe...? hopefully...?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Bennos Mummy For This Useful Post:

daysta112  (12-04-2012)

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by GothChick View Post
    Sometimes I will sit there and wonder if my posts are invisible as I will be the first to give an answer on a subject, lots of people will say the same thing, but its their posts that get quoted/thanked and mine don't get a response sometimes!

LOL snap!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Haha the other day I was googling for a 'red' avatar to use, red because it stands out.

Oh, the shame

But I think an accusation made against me has made some members stand offish with me, but I'd rather they approach me and discuss than to keep their distance. I have nothing to hide.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Guest1234 For This Useful Post:

donniesweet  (11-04-2012),IndigoJ  (11-04-2012),MoonMoon  (11-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by GothChick View Post
    Sometimes I will sit there and wonder if my posts are invisible as I will be the first to give an answer on a subject, lots of people will say the same thing, but its their posts that get quoted/thanked and mine don't get a response sometimes! I dont mind it that much, I guess I see this place as a huge hall full of friends, and a few frenemies, , sometimes you are going to pay more attention to a close friend's reply than a newbie with 12 posts.
    I know there are hubbers that have been speaking on here for years, so they are going to pay more attention to their posts than mine.

I have noticed I kill a LOT of threads too.
    Gun piercing anyone? Hehe

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to squirrelex For This Useful Post:

Cue  (12-04-2012),Guest1234  (11-04-2012),MoonMoon  (11-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep I notice every single one of you!!!!

Its funny as I dont see myself as popular..in fact anytime anyone has requested to be a facebook friend, I do this kind of excited kid dance.
    hahahhaa.

I am always shocked that someone knows me.

I have been here for 6 years...or so. I dont know that many hubber personally. I get maybe 1 pm a month or so...

So its funny that people percieve or require different things to feel "visible".