+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 65 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by luvmyboys View Post
    How funny would it be if there was a whole thread of invisible posts, or am I just very immature
    g'arn - do a spin off!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FiveInTheBed For This Useful Post:

Luna Lovegood  (11-04-2012),MissMuppet  (11-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexander Beetle View Post
    Ah, sometimes I just hit thanks, or write "I agree" because I can't be fagged writing out a long post, or I'm a bit tipsy and my thumb is not typing what I want to write, or I'm busy but want to come back to the thread later. And sometimes I just can't say it better than someone else has.
    See, I was about to thank that, as I agreed with it. (Not about the thumb typing part though... EVERYONE knows that thumbs shouldn't be typing at all...)

Lily - I'm not trying to dismiss what you're saying. I guess I'm just saying that I don't agree with it. I don't think anyone can know for sure that someone is doing that, unless someone owns up and says "Yes - that's me she's talking about right there."

I guess what I'm trying to say is that while it may sometimes look like that, it might not be that way. In those debate threads I often thank the same people a lot, or agree with what they say. It just means that we think similarly on a few issues - that's all. It doesn't mean that we know each other outside of BH, or are there to gang up on anyone.

(And I'm not suggesting you were talking about me - just trying to give an example of how it might look that way when it wasn't - that's all).

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Guest654 For This Useful Post:

Alexander Beetle  (11-04-2012),Gandalf  (11-04-2012),Luna Lovegood  (11-04-2012),MilkingMaid  (11-04-2012),MissMuppet  (11-04-2012),Witwicky  (11-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BMJandBaby View Post
    Sorry I haven't had the chance to read through all of the responese yet, but just wanted quickly reply:

i think we ALL feel that way. At the end of the day, we are all just single people adding our thoughts to a forum, individuals hoping to contribute and in some way have some recognition.
    It's so strange that you started this thread, last night I was thinking the exact same thing. I can't sleep much lately and was up on BH til late, but I just felt so alone and lonely. Like no one cares about what I write, no one even notices.
    I'm overly sensitive as well aand it's a trait I hate about myself.

For the record, I have noticed you, absolutely. Your name is one of the regular ones I see pop up on here all the time. You recently changed your avatar, correct? You aren't invisible

PS: edit: am I noticed? I sometimes feel that my posts are probably misunderstood and I'd hate for anyone to take offence or think I've directed something towards them: I try and keep my posts general and don't like targeteing certain people, or being the target of negative stuff myself.. but hey, that's everyone, right?
    I notice you. And I like you. I've never seen you post anything offensive or easily misunderstood in a negative way ever. I think you're one of the many lovely ones, sorry you feel lonely.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MissMuppet For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (11-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So, say I want to add someone on the hub to fb...

Firstly, What do I say in the PM without it coming across keeping and stalkerish?

Secondly, how awkward is it when they reject you or don't reply?

Both are serious questions...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by onionskin View Post
    Yes I definitely feel invisible, especially under this username. Under my old name I had shared lots of personal stuff so I guess people felt they 'knew' me. I don't know...
    Your definitely not invisible! I don't know what your username was before. Who were you?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by FiveInTheBed View Post
    g'arn - do a spin off!
    Nah, but I am going to be very tempted to slip an 'invisible' "ar5ehat" into the end of a post in the future probably only going to be an issue if I get quoted.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Hootenanny For This Useful Post:

FiveInTheBed  (11-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Girl X View Post
    See, I was about to thank that, as I agreed with it. (Not about the thumb typing part though... EVERYONE knows that thumbs shouldn't be typing at all...)
    On my phone! Not on the computer, lol, imagine. But I do type with my thumb on my iPhone...doesn't everybody?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Luna Lovegood View Post
    So, say I want to add someone on the hub to fb...

Firstly, What do I say in the PM without it coming across keeping and stalkerish?

Secondly, how awkward is it when they reject you or don't reply?

Both are serious questions...
    I would say... "Hey I wanna stalk you. Can we be FB friends.." if they don't reply spend all your time on BH quoting and thanking their posts until they give in!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by luvmyboys View Post
    Nah, but I am going to be very tempted to slip an 'invisible' "ar5ehat" into the end of a post in the future probably only going to be an issue if I get quoted.
    Ar5e hat... Ha... Do you read Bossy's blog by any chance?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexander Beetle View Post
    On my phone! Not on the computer, lol, imagine. But I do type with my thumb on my iPhone...doesn't everybody?

Holy Dooley - you're spinning me out!! How can one possibly iPhone with a thumb!!