+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 66 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast
    Guest Guest
    I notice all of you, especially you OP, you are definately not invisible.
    I've been here a while, I'm not part of any group (scot no friends) probably cause I come in, say what I want and rub people off the wrong way cause I don't agree with them.
    But I read all posts and do notice what you're saying

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I don't particularly notice each poster of threads... But then that's because for a huge thread I'll read the first couple of pages and then add my own 2 bob worth. I'm not really fussed whether or not someone agrees or disagrees with me unless they insult me directly.
    Insulting my ideas or beliefs are one thing, but insulting me as a person ie. "Eko you're a real idiot!" is different and I'd probably react to that.

But I don't really care that much whether someone acknowledges my posts in general threads because I'm just sharing my point of view. Often I don't even read threads back once I've replied to see if anyone responds.

Perhaps that's a protection thing too, I don't really want to know if someone's calling me a moron because I'll just react badly to that, and it's really not worth my mental energy to be cranky with someone I'll never actually meet lol.
    That being said, if I post a thread and no one bothers to answer my question when I actually need help, that can be frustrating. But getting lost in the crowd? Meh, no biggie .

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I notice everyone in this thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Bell & Bug View Post
    Thanks, it's not a wide spread accusation, but a group all seem to have become stand offish and one even deleted me off fb
    I did a huuuuuge cull after a crazy person stalked me on here, but now I'm slowly re-adding people...I made awesome friends off of here that I have known for years and I don't want that weirdo to take that away from me! So if you are who I *think* you are (username change?), then that's why I did that and if you see me on FB, add me! If not, then please just ignore this LOL

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    My 2 cents. I post a lot on the IVF thread and come into the general and other threads from time to time but I do feel they get a built cliquey, so I hang back. But a lot of people would say that about IVF threads so it cuts both ways.

Also, I think the "thanks" is overrated, and I will probably get flamed for saying that. I've seen people get thanked for saying almost nothing while others put really thought provoking stuff out there and no one thanks them at all. I don't get it myself and it feels a bit like yet another high school popularity contest, like having the most friends on Facebook.

Just my humble opinion, I will disappear back to my. IVF life

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GluttonForPunishment View Post
    I know that to some I'm invisible and to others very noticeable. This forum is so large with so many sub forums, that those who haunt the pregnancy sections alone would have no idea who I am as I don't go near there, prefering to delve more into the relationship threads and, of course, the mental health area.

For a lot of members, they only recently discovered that I'm a guy!!

BOY GERMS!!!!
    Whhhaaattttt??!!! You're a dude?? ....... OMG!!!!

Ana Gram is offline 2008 WINNER - straight shooter award
    Winner 2008 & 2009 - Community Minded thread
    Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most passionate member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I've been here forever and still sometimes feel ignored. I can't tell you how many threads I have started that have had no response

I'd love to know who this 'popular group' is, it is often talked about (over the years) but to me it is never clear who these people are.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm still invisible in this thread lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Theboys&me View Post
    Whhhaaattttt??!!! You're a dude?? ....... OMG!!!!
    OMG what I didn't know that!! lol but don't worry i'll still like you

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm not sure either Ana Gram - perhaps we could start our own opposing popular group???

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Cluky79 View Post
    I'm still invisible in this thread lol
    Not at all ... I see you *wave*