+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 65 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast
    Buttoneska is offline Winner 2010- Most Community Minded Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shelle65 View Post
    Holy crappola, 99% of the people who have posted in this thread are the opposite of invisible - I could freak you out with how much I know about you and your lives. *creepy stalker music*

I know I am pretty much invisible but that is because I am a self-confessed stalker/lurker... Not because I am unintelligent
    I agree with this, but add Shelle to the ppl I know too

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Buttoneska For This Useful Post:

shelle65  (11-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IndigoJ View Post
    Ohh, interested to know who you are on there :
    If we're talking about the same forum, I was/am MummyKelly1

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CazGotHam View Post
    Yeah a bit. I posted a photo in the reveal yourself thread, and one person "thanked it" whereas everyone elses photos were getting a million comments. So I posted another photo, and then another one! And got nothing. Oh well!
    Those reveal yourself threads are a self-esteem minefield, I think.

Does the "thank you" mean "thank you for posting a picture as I always wanted to know what you look like" or "you're fabulously attractive". Probably both.

I have never posted a picture, primarily for privacy, but also because the only polite response from a viewer could be "oh, gee, I really like the colour of that wall behind your head...". Awkward. that sounds really woe is me, and it's not meant to be, but I have noticed that beauty is a premium in those threads, which reflects real life. when you are not attractive, you become very aware that people say a lot of stuff like "oh, I like your dress/earrings/shoes" as a compliment.

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MsMummy For This Useful Post:

Gandalf  (11-04-2012),MuminMind  (11-04-2012),naebie  (11-04-2012),NancyBlackett  (11-04-2012),Shoopuf  (11-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hmm maybe I might change my username. I'm one of the common names haha. Now to decide a new name....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shelle65 View Post
    Holy crappola, 99% of the people who have posted in this thread are the opposite of invisible - I could freak you out with how much I know about you and your lives. *creepy stalker music*
    yes, I have a scary recollection of the details of other posters' lives as well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by waterlily View Post
    Yep. I feel invisible a lot. I have no "friends" on BH. I have one lovely person I MSG every now and then but that's all. I respect a massive amount of hubbers though.

I'm terrible at remembering names but always remember avatars! So when people change them I get confused. Haha
    Ah ... It's all in the avatar - I'm going to get myself a stand out eye sore!! Lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Waitingfornumber2 View Post
    Hmm maybe I might change my username. I'm one of the common names haha. Now to decide a new name....
    Yeah, tis a name I would probably tend to blend together with other peoples names, BUT I totally notice you coz of your avatar. A lot of people have their scan pics as their avatars, but yours is a particularly awesome one!!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to CazHazKidz For This Useful Post:

squirrelex  (11-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Theboys&me View Post
    Ah ... It's all in the avatar - I'm going to get myself a stand out eye sore!! Lol
    I totally need to re-do my avatar, that one's like 7 months old now!!

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MsMummy View Post
    Those reveal yourself threads are a self-esteem minefield, I think.

Does the "thank you" mean "thank you for posting a picture as I always wanted to know what you look like" or "you're fabulously attractive". Probably both.

I have never posted a picture, primarily for privacy, but also because the only polite response from a viewer could be "oh, gee, I really like the colour of that wall behind your head...". Awkward. that sounds really woe is me, and it's not meant to be, but I have noticed that beauty is a premium in those threads, which reflects real life. when you are not attractive, you become very aware that people say a lot of stuff like "oh, I like your dress/earrings/shoes" as a compliment.
    Hmmm but msmummy your dresses are somewhat legendary. So even if you looked like angelina jolie people would still probably go 'ooooooooh pretty dress!'

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just quietly .... Got myself a PM time to take off my invisibility cape!!!

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Theboys&me For This Useful Post:

Bennos Mummy  (11-04-2012),Jakois  (11-04-2012),MilkingMaid  (11-04-2012),MissMuppet  (11-04-2012)