+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Baby market stall - advice

I've got a table booked at a local pre-loved baby market in a few weeks. I'm just after a little advice from anyone who has had a stall before.

I'll maining be selling boys clothes 0000 - 2. Also have a pram & baby bath...
    So...
    What's the best way to do it?
    In sizes - eg all 000 in one tub OR
    By item - eg all pants together, tops together

Is it easier to have most things a set price (eg $2 per item) and anything that's really good/expensive price accordingly?

Is $2 per item reasonable? Almost everything is in excellent condition. Most of the stuff is from Target, Big W, Kmart or Best & Less. Have a few Pumpkin Patch & Sprout items too.

Any other advice or anything I haven't thought of...?

TIA

Thanks
    Reviews
    I haven't had a stall, but from the markets I have been to, I prefer
    - items sorted by type & size (ie all 000 shorts in a tub)
    - if you have good quality stuff that you want to sell for a bit more, separate and price individually (or ie all hanging items $8, for example)
    - "sets" together (ie short/shirt sets folded/hanging together)
    - I think $2 per general item is a good price.

Hope that helps

Thanks
    Reviews
    Having been to a baby market recently - I had the same idea as you... I had everything on my table $1 a piece and sets $2. (unless marked otherwise)

I had it all set out in boxes, 1 box per size, sets on the table. For the whole day - I made a grand total of $26!

Not sure if it was because people were lazy and didn't want to look thru the boxes for things, or the market was abit quieter than normal - or I just didnt have anything that people wanted? I had a mix of all brands in either very good/excellent condition.

I really do think it depends on the crowd, but I'd say your in the mark with your plans!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've sold at various markets before and it definitely depends on the market you're selling at. I sold a range of things including kids clothing. All of the clothing was label stuff from pumpkin patch etc and at $1 each I sold next to nothing. People want to pay nothing at second hand markets generally...
    But some of the more up market places will sell for more

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've been to a few markets and my advice is;
    Seperate into sizes, have clear pricing. $2 per item is great & keep your more expensive items seperate & prices clearly marked. Make sure the items are clean.

Ive been to a few where items were stained, sizing all mixed in, prices weren't marked (it was busy & I didn't want to stand around asking for pricing), items were overpriced eg target jumpsuit well worn & stained for $5 when you can buy new for $6.

Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I like to buy from markets, I only buy from stalls where items are folded and lay out, either in piles or racks, I hate digging through bins, even in shops I wont buy like that. Have items clean and clearly marked. You can also do bundles of 'play clothes' for say $10 - items that are slightly marked but still good, say about 5 sets per bundle. Good luck, unfortunately there is an excess of used baby goods out there so they can be hard to get a good price for.

Sent from my LG-P500 using BubHub