+ Reply to Thread
    AndrewTheEmu is offline Bubhub Ambassador - tongue in cheek
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default 'hiding' face while having a tantrum.

22 month old DD 'hides' her face while having a tantrum/when she gets in trouble.

Have your kids ever done this?

Yesterday DD was having a tanty because we were leaving the park. I told her to stop or next time (were passing the park) she wont get a play. She stopped straight away, then put her hands over her face, then continued to have a much more mild mumbling tanty behind her hands :-/ I told her I could still hear her but she ignored me.

This morning DH yelled at her, and she hid her face again.

Now I'm wondering Why she's doing this.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh yes! DD used to do this whenever I told her not to do something....I think she was either embarrassed or she was trying to block out what was happening because she didnt like it....

It actually made me feel rather bad and I questioned how I was talking to her when I was telling her not to do something. I wondered whether I was making her feel like she was 'bad' etc.

Whatever happened,(I cant remember if I changed the way I spoke to her) she grew out of it round her second birthday I think...

Similar Threads

1. Baby hiding out...
    By munchkin859 in forum Pregnancy & Birth General Chat
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 20-11-2012, 14:45
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 30-05-2012, 15:10
  3. Hiding a Pregnancy
    By ToughLove in forum Pregnancy & Birth General Chat
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 20-05-2012, 08:46