+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Buttoneska is offline Winner 2010- Most Community Minded Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Positive stories from those who had a miscarriage followed by a healthy pregnancy..

Share your positive stories with me!!!

I had a missed miscarriage a couple of yrs ago and am now 10+2. First scan at 6+4 was great but now I am struggling mentally to stay positive.

I read so many horror stories on here, I need some good stuff to get me through the next couple of weeks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We have had seven miscarriages, lost nine babies.

We now have DS who is turning one in two weeks! He is happy and healthy, couldn't ask for more!

It's so hard not to worry while you're pregnant.
    Every twinge and 'feeling' for me was so scary!

But all was good!
    I followed my instincts, and was always right lol!

Plus dh bought a Doppler for me so that helped too

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I had a m/c before my pregnancy with DD1. I was a nervous wreck but after the 12 week scan i relaxed a lot. It was a healthy pregnancy and DD is now nearly 4.
    When trying for my second i had another m/c and fell pregnant again 2 weeks having a D&C (not intentionally). I was much more nervous and then i had a threatened m/c when i was around 6 weeks or so and some more bleeding here and there - that scared the shiz out of me but it turned out okay, the rest of the pregnancy was fine and i now have a healthy 2 year old DD. I think it was after the 20 week scan that i really relaxed and felt it would okay, although i had my moments where i got scared (not too often though).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    oh i was thinking about getting one of those, how far along are you before you can use it (especially if you are overweight and have a big tummy liek me!)

MilkingMaid is offline Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most supportive member
    Question those who don't question authority
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I miscarried in between my 2nd and third sons, my 3rd sons pregnancy was textbook. No problems whatsoever.

andto you...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I was 117kg and used mine from ten weeks!
    It was so good to put my mind at ease, but don't freak out if it takes a while to find the heart beat!!!
    We got it off eBay, I'll find it and tell you what it's called

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Lumpy Melon For This Useful Post:

Buttoneska  (11-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    oh awesome - im 111kg (was 115kg when I got pregnant but thanks to ms ive shrunk!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    I had my first dd, than 2 miscarriages and a healthy ds1, dd2, and we lost dd3 twin, than ds2 and now ds3 will be born anyday now.

Honestly button at this stage your chance of miscarriaging again are really low.

Ps Sorry my spell check is dissappeared and I can't spell for nuts..

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a missed miscarriage in July last year. The baby didn't survive past 6 weeks due to trisomy 14.

I fell pregnant in November last year and the baby is happy and healthy and growing beautifully in my tummy. There were no issues whatsoever this time around, aside from my extreme nervousness.

That first trimester is a nerve wracking time, good luck if you are 10 +2, the odds of a miscarriage have dropped to something like 5%

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I had an early mc at about 5 weeks and then a couple of months later fell pregnant with DD. I was very paranoid while waiting to get in to see my OB and went to the GP for reassurance that everything was fine (who refreshingly took my concerns seriously and gave me a thorough examination to put my mind at ease). I also found the time between 13 and 20 weeks very nerve wracking because my pg symptoms had subsided, I was feeling good but not showing and not yet feeling any kicks. She is 2 and a half and cute as anything, and such a cheeky chop.

I'm back on the not-so-merry-go-round now - had another mc since DD and I'm really hoping to be pg again soon.