+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Nappy disposal system... worth it??

Hi all,

I'm due for bub #2 in september and DD will be 13 months, so just wondering if it is worth getting a disposal system.

As we live on farm out of town, we dont actaully have a rubbish service, so every weekend it's off to the local dump to get rid of our rubbish.

So far individual nappy bags have been ok, but i'm thinking with 2 bubbas in nappies, there's going to be a alot extra....

So just wondering if anyone else out there uses a system, and if so which one works for you??

Cheers
    TIA

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I brought a Tommie tippee and hated it! Biggest waste of money. I just use the nappy sacks now

3. The Following User Says Thank You to insanity For This Useful Post:

kezty  (11-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had the tommeee tippee bin, and used it with DS1 but not gonna waste my time and money buying refills for it with DD. It sits in our cellar collecting dust.
    (huge expense buying refills when nappy sacks are heaps cheaper.)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Waste of money, I wouldn't bother.

futureherder is offline Child led parent here...save me :)
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Waste of money here I think too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Def a waste of money! The price of refills for it are crazy!
    I heard of someone buying one of those little wheelie bins (that kids use for toys) and putting a scented bin liner in there and it worked great. Said you couldnt smell a thing and held ALOT of nappies for a so much cheaper

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    NO you can have mine!
    Such a waste of money...

Thanks
    Reviews
    I got an Angel Care (?) one on sale at Baby Bunting for about $30. I didn't realise that I'd need to keep buying refills though (dunno what I thought was going to happen - evidently I didn't think! Ah, pregnancy brain!).

I bought one lot of refils and realised how expensive it would be long term. So, I kept using the actual Angel Care bin lined with a scented bin bag (like the ones you'd use for your bin in the kitchen). I used nappy sacks for most nappies (I'm sure a few almost empty (wee only) ones went straight into the kitchen bin liner though).

This was double bagging, but saved me having to deal with taking every single nappy out to the garbage bin in the early days. We emptied the whole thing about twice a week, and the rest of the time I could just whack a used nappy in the bin next to the change table and go. It kept things tidy and odour-free.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have the Tommee Tippee one and have used it for last 2 years. The replacement liners are expensive so we stock up when they are on sale.
    Also we now only use them when DS does a poo, and wet nappies just get thrown into the bathroom bin.

The bin keeps the smell in, but when you have to change the wrap or empty the bin....boy does it stink in there!

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    You can also use Disposable nappies of munchkinnappybin for kids and it doesn't smell like any other nappies, and also it provide you good odour.