+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I've just read this thread, and the other one in the link and I have concluded that "OMG they are all the same!" and now feel better about my 3 year old - and a bit guilty too for not being more patient and accepting of this stage in her development.

Thanks
    Reviews
    But by hokey it's hard to be patient! Crikey! Just had another incident this second. Man you've got to be firm and stand your ground or they just take over like hitler!
    We don't giver her even half an inch nowadays because she just runs away with a mile.
    And one of the things that makes me the most cross is the fact that she ALWAYS says she is sick/sore/tired/needs toilet etc and is BLUFFING most of the time so now I never know when to believe her and cut slack. It's soooooooo frustrating!

Thanks
    Reviews
    To me it's controlling behaviour...My daughter tries this too. Drives us insane. How often are you giving in to just have peace? It's going to be hard but if you are giving in you have to stop and start ignoring him and asking him to talk in his nice voice. If he doesn't then he doesn't get what he wants.

You will need to be tough and really reward the times he talks nicely and is calm.

You can modify this behaviour but it will escalate before it gets better.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I dont give in, ever! I just ignore, sometimes i get frustrated and yell which i know is wrong but hes taking it all out of me, i have nothing left! He is getting better BUT thats only as long as we stay home or somewhere that he can run around and play!

I have a meeting with day care tuesday to try get him a spot & he starts 3yr old kinder next friday 3 hours a week im hoping this may help somewhat!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh mmh I hear you! That whingy Whitney voice coupled with melt downs do my head in. We started sending ours to timeout for speaking in that voice just to try stop it. Also I will practically move the earth to prevent a melt down. Distraction and humour are our best friends. Also we have found if we make decrypting a race she gets done what we ask her. So going to her bedroom after toilet and teeth has now become race time etc.

He will be a totally different kid at daycare. Whenever mine starts her awful voice when I go pick her up the ladies are in shock. Apparently she is the star child in the room...too funny...if only they could see the power play at home.

Having time out from him will also help to get perspective on dealing with it. Is your partner on the same parenting page/chapter?