+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I think it depends on the family, what they can afford and what they can provide etc etc. If you can raise your children in a loving, safe environment then who is anyone to limit your number of children. I dont want many children, my partner wants a boy as he is one of the last in his line, so he would like the name to carry on. So we will have another and if its a girl we will try again. If its a boy we will stop.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My personal limit is 8 but we will prob stop at 7. When I think about being able to "afford" children I look at needs not wants if people can cover needs then they should have as many as they want. I can always take a second or third job if I want to buy the kids extras but all in all kids are not too expensive atleast mine sent and they have all the gadgets and games. Its still manageable and we have 5.

I like the idea of a large family they always have someone to play with and when they get older and I pass on they have each other.

MilkingMaid is offline Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most supportive member
    Question those who don't question authority
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by wantingtostart View Post
    I keep reading comments about breeding below or at the replacement level. Australians have been breeding below replacement levels for about 36 years now, so what's the problem with some having 10?
    My thoughts were regrding global population.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wantingtostart View Post
    I keep reading comments about breeding below or at the replacement level. Australians have been breeding below replacement levels for about 36 years now, so what's the problem with some having 10?

Australia might be an island, but unfortunately that doesn't isolate us from the world's problems. Overpopulation in other parts of the world will have an effect on us, whether it be in the form of environmental damage (eg. air or water pollution) or more refugees and migrants seeking a better life in Aus.

As the saying goes: "Think global, act local". And that's why I think that we in Aus need to aim for zero population growth.

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gentoo For This Useful Post:

Cue  (12-04-2012),hopefully2  (12-04-2012),MilkingMaid  (12-04-2012),shelle65  (12-04-2012)

MilkingMaid is offline Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most supportive member
    Question those who don't question authority
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
    Australia might be an island, but unfortunately that doesn't isolate us from the world's problems. Overpopulation in other parts of the world will have an effect on us, whether it be in the form of environmental damage (eg. air or water pollution) or more refugees and migrants seeking a better life in Aus.

As the saying goes: "Think global, act local". And that's why I think that we in Aus need to aim for zero population growth.
    Beautifully said!!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to MilkingMaid For This Useful Post:

Gentoo  (12-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Before I had DS I thought 2 would be enough for me, now I'm not sure that I'll not want more...the need for a bigger house/car etc will probably be what stops me though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'll keep going till I get one I like.

Bahahahaha no that's a joke.

I think people can never be prepared for any amount of kids wether its 1 or 10. Either has its own amount of hurdles. As long as you can give those kids the quality of life they deserve then have an many as you like. It's a free world and it's ridiculous that people believe they should have the choice over someone else's reproduction. That next baby could cure cancer!

I would like to have a few more but I think 3 will be enough even though I so badly wanted a baby girl, so we will see.