Reviews
    I think its an each to their own type of situation,
    have as many children as you feel comfortable with

2. The Following User Says Thank You to pram-mama For This Useful Post:

mrsd  (11-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    For other people I think it's whatever number you want, can have, and support physically, emotionally and financially. I know lovely families with one or two children and another beautiful family with about 12 children (I actually lost count, it might be 12 or 13 )
    For me, right now, 3 would be too many, but if I had my time again and under different circumstances it might have been different.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    For ME, 3 kids is enough, however I am all for people having as many as they can afford, I personally just don't want to have to upgrade from a sedan to people mover haha.

Two of my best friends have 4 each, one is with a single mum who also has 2, and they all do great and can afford them without benefits, so I'm all for big families, my opinion is just how many I think is too many for ME!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Janesmum123 View Post
    I think 37 children is enough. Why? Because I like the number.

But honestly it's just ridiculous. I wonder how they would feel if they where told they could not have their precious children. Always on their high horses once they have what they want.
    You think 3 is enough, ok no worries don't have more then 3 and leave the rest of us alone.

Ridiculous.
    Aw, I was just coming into say almost exactly this, smarty pants
    Honestly. This thread isn't go to go anywhere but down, especially with comments about poor people.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Affordability is continually fluctuating, so how can it be a measurement on how many kids you should be able to have?

Sent from my GT540 using BubHub

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mrsdj1234 For This Useful Post:

Alexander Beetle  (11-04-2012),majo  (11-04-2012),MissMuppet  (11-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I don't support a limit on the number of children in our country, although completely understand why it's necessary in massively overpopulated countries.

I don't think a number is too many if the children are loved and cared for - heck, I know people who shouldn't have ONE child!!!

As for affordability, I think if we all waited until we're completely financially secure there would be a lot less hoomans because many people would be waiting until their 60s to start their family

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Benji For This Useful Post:

Alexander Beetle  (11-04-2012),Crazyfamily  (11-04-2012),mrsd  (11-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would have millions if I could afford it, and stay skinny Okay, maybe not millions...but as many as I could!

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by nicoletta View Post
    I would have millions if I could afford it, and stay skinny Okay, maybe not millions...but as many as I could!
    Replace skinny with sane

I think people should limit themselves to what they can afford, and by that I don't mean they should be able to afford everything and anything just the basic essentials. And up yes I realize people's circumstances change and I don't think anyone should be scrutinized for that.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to headoverfeet For This Useful Post:

nicoletta  (12-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Environmental responsibility

So far, all the comments on this thread seem to be centred on how many children you can financially afford and how many you can give attention to. But what about the implications on the environment?

Every extra person uses up extra resources. And in a closed system like the earth that means that we're taking away resources from other species (and pretty efficiently driving them into extinction) and are eventually going to hit a wall ourselves. It's a basic tenet of population ecology - you can't have infinite growth without infinite resources.

So, on that basis I think the responsible thing to do is not to have children at above the replacement rate. (Yes, I realise that sometimes people have unexpected pregnancies and multiple births, but overall we should aim to stabilise our population, not grow it). There's no way that I'd advocate forced abortions or sterilisation, but I certainly think it's important that people think about the wider picture (and their global impact) when they're deciding on family size.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gentoo For This Useful Post:

Ana Gram  (12-04-2012),hopefully2  (12-04-2012),Maybelline  (11-04-2012),shelle65  (12-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    For me its 2 kids max because thats all my sanity would allow. But I grew up with 3 brothers and sisters plus foster kids and I loved it. Its up to the individual really. I love to take my dd to visit my sisters house she has 4 kids and my dd has a ball.