+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week

Default Spin Off# How many is too many children.

Some many people keep saying they want to stop other people having too many children.

So how many is too many?
    etc....

Why?

Please be nice..... Explain without be rude to those with large families......

2. The Following User Says Thank You to LoveLivesHere For This Useful Post:

Pawzette  (12-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I think 37 children is enough. Why? Because I like the number.

But honestly it's just ridiculous. I wonder how they would feel if they where told they could not have their precious children. Always on their high horses once they have what they want.
    You think 3 is enough, ok no worries don't have more then 3 and leave the rest of us alone.

Ridiculous.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Janesmum123 For This Useful Post:

MrJones&Me  (11-04-2012),RunningWithScissors  (11-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I think its a completely personal thing, only you will know what is right for your family. I have some friends who feel that 3 children is too many for them. For someone else, it might be 8, or 15 or more that is their limit. I don't think we should put a limit on what is the right amount for other people. I hate when there is a story on the news of a family with 18 children or something and people whinge that its too many, taking up resources, etc. It means that there will be 18 taxpayers contributing to society in a few years time, and 18 sets of families to support their parents when they're older. It all evens out. If someone wants 0 children, great for them. If someone else wants 20, also great for them!I think for me & my family, 4 will be enough, but who knows, I might change mind later.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cinderella82 For This Useful Post:

giggle berry  (12-04-2012),MissMuppet  (11-04-2012),mrsd  (11-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    For me it would be when you need to buy a 12 seater minivan to get the family around.
    So 5 is enough for me. No probs if you have more though really.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Its not an exact science. Different people and different families have different preferences.

Let people make their own choices.

And realistically - its completely unworkable and dangerous to start a program of social engineering such as mandatory sterilisation for certain sectors of society. The thought sends shivers down my spine.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    As many as you can afford. If you are needing benefits (excluding FTB which I believe most people get anyway) to finance children then I think you should seriously consider NOT having more than the usual 2-3.
    I think it's sad to see families of 6 or so kids where the parents can't afford to clothe or feed them properly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    As long they are loved and cared for then no number is too many.

Id LOVE to have 5-6 babies..unfortunately with our fertility issues this bub may be our last ( the older 2 are from a previous relationship, bellybub is DHs first). I cant tell you how much it hurt to have people tell me I
    should be happy that I have two because some people dont get 1.
    Its one of the most awful things to hear. I'll bet not one of them skips meals or sleeps in their backyard because there are starving and homeless people in the world!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by 4underfour View Post
    As many as you can afford. If you are needing benefits (excluding FTB which I believe most people get anyway) to finance children then I think you should seriously consider NOT having more than the usual 2-3.
    I think it's sad to see families of 6 or so kids where the parents can't afford to clothe or feed them properly.
    I completely agree. You make them you pay for them. Whether it be 1 child or 20. I have a friend who is upto baby 4 and can barely afford them and has to think about where she is going to get the money for napped each week. Now that's not right. If you struggle with basic necessities just wait till they get older and need school books uniforms camps extra curricular activities.

Thanks
    Reviews
    For me I would have no more then two..this planet is struggling as it is....

Thanks
    Reviews
    It took us 5 years to decide to have baby number 5. Mainly due to worrying about the negative comments we'd get - we must be crazy or insane!
    I respect others choices to have 1,2 or 3 children and wish people would think before they comment on our large family. A lot of thought was put into conceiving all of our children and they are the light of our lives.
    I wish that I was able to not allow harsh comments to bother me, but unfortunately they do. I've loved hearing about other large families on bubhub and I don't think it would ever be fair to limit how many children a couple can have. It's different for everyone and some people need to realise that what's right for them isn't right for others.
    I would've been heartbroken if someone told me I couldn't have a 3rd or 4th baby. Each to their own.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to 5thbubontheway For This Useful Post:

mrsd  (11-04-2012)