+ Reply to Thread
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default What else helps a cold

I think my 9.5 week old DD may have a cold I'm going to call the doctor as soon as they open this morning to get her checked out.

Until then is there anything else I can do? I've elevated the head of her mattress with a rolled up towel, gave her baby panadol last night, put baby vicks on her chest back and feet, using saline drops, steamed up the shower last night and put adult vicks in the hand basin so she got the fumes.

DD has been a bit snuffly since coming home but the last day has been noticeably worse she's sneezing and coughing/choking on what I'm assuming is phlegm. It's heartbreaking to see her sick

abiishu is offline embrace your inner birthing goddess
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    It sounds like you're doing all the right things I also found a vaporizer really helpful when my girls had colds when they were little. And you can get a nasal aspirator from the chemist if you need to suck snot out of a little nose.

Hope dr visit goes well and your dd is better in no time.

Similar Threads

1. urgent helps for a friend please
    By onkybear in forum Single Parents
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 04-11-2012, 15:28
  2. Sciatica pain - what helps yours?
    By KnockKnockPenny in forum General Health
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 21-07-2012, 22:14
  3. FIFO Partner - What helps get you through it?
    By hopefully2 in forum Parents with Partners Working Away
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 28-05-2012, 22:45