+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Missybubble... I know the devastation you feel having been there.
    Just take all the time you need to recover physically but most importantly emotionally. Be gentle on yourself. There's not much more I can say to help.
    For me I took time off work. I opened a lovely bottle of wine (aptly called Hell Hole) because I could drink again. Went for walks on the beach. Watched movies with DH. Got my hair done. Ate some nice food. Just took each day slowly. I also bought a lovely ring and had it engraved on the inside so I had something tangible.
    Take care of yourself. Do what you need to heal. Hugs to you.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Tamtam For This Useful Post:

missybubble  (12-04-2012)

missybubble is offline I'm a strange one, but I'm good at it :)
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks all for your replies, I had a D&C today. In a bit of a pain but it's not as bad as it was. I feel a bit better knowing it's gone now, I think that will help with the grieving. Everything sets me off crying at the moment but we will get through it. I have a wonderful partner and family and friends so I'm most definitely not alone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

That's all I can give you because words are pretty useless at this point. Take care of yourself, be kind to yourself and cry as much as you need to.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to FirstTimeMummy2012 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thinking of you missybubble, I got teary reading through this....
    Be kind and gentle to yourself and cry as much as you need to. You'll never forget, but time will make it easier.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to katzdreams For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I'm so sorry hun I got pregnant with DD 2 months after my D&C. I'm sorry to say though I have had another 6 since. A lot of woman have one m/c then go on to have beautiful babies soon after. be kind to yourself. I stayed in bed for a week crying, it actually really helped. The only thing that kept me going was trying to get pregnant again.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to waterlily For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by waterlily View Post
    The only thing that kept me going was trying to get pregnant again.
    Yeah this is how I am feeling now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by missybubble View Post
    Yeah this is how I am feeling now.
    That's completely normal. The fog didn't lift till I was pregnant.

Just don't be hard on yourself. I blamed myself for my m/c and I just wanted to say if you are feeling this or at any stage you do.

IT'S NOT YOUR FAULT thinking of you hun.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to waterlily For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    So sorry to hear that darl. I have a few answers to the questions you asked.... this is what I've got:

-they don't say it's "good" to fall pregnant straight away after a m/c (but it's not bad either) it's just easier because your cervix is open so sperm can get in faster. I had a m/c in december and fell again in january...

-not sure about a scan after a miscarriage, I've had 2 m/c and only ever got a scan with one, to make sure all of the "mass" was out (otherwise I'd need a d&c too). When I got pregnant this time as soon as I saw my gp, I asked for a scan to make sure baby had a beating heart, but you can't see anything on the scans until you are usually about 6weeks along anyways. 9w5d my scan took place and the heart was working. So I think you can opt for a scan if you want one, just ask your gp.

-just because you've had a miscarriage, does NOT increase your chances to have another m/c. your chance of having another is the same as any other pregnant woman (much to our relief hey?) My sister had 2 m/cs before she had her 2 healthy babies. I had 2 healthy babies, then 2 m/cs and am pregnant for a 3rd time, which so far everything appears to be going fine with.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Dragonia For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks, you all give me hope, and like someone said, falling pregnant is half the battle so at least we know we can do that. At the same time we'll never forget this one (I have a tattoo for it now, DP is getting one Saturday.) Just trying to be positive about it all, and keep smiling.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just wanted to let you know I am so very sorry for you loss.

Sending you lots of hugs

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Mallie For This Useful Post: