+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    We've been through many different insurers through the years but recently went through a broker and got the house on with Allianz, and the car with CGU. Both new policies, so can't complain atm.

But- if you have one around, definitely go through a broker as they save you so much time and hassle- but also look at your own options, because they don't assess EVERY option available, only the companies that pay them

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    AAMI. I have never had an issue with them. They have always been efficient, claims have been hassle free and they are reasonably priced.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We work for a building company that does all insurance work and definitely Suncorp look after their customers the best. They basically want the customer to be happy. We do timber flooring and other insurance companies often want to repair to the nearest doorway and this doesn't always look very nice especially if the timber batch is different of the other timber has changed colour with age. It devalues a property when things arnt done properly and Suncorp seem to agree and want to keep their customers happy

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Lovejoypeace For This Useful Post:

1CrazyMoose  (11-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovejoypeace View Post
    We work for a building company that does all insurance work and definitely Suncorp look after their customers the best. They basically want the customer to be happy. We do timber flooring and other insurance companies often want to repair to the nearest doorway and this doesn't always look very nice especially if the timber batch is different of the other timber has changed colour with age. It devalues a property when things arnt done properly and Suncorp seem to agree and want to keep their customers happy
    Yes, architectural splits especially with carpets, wood floors and painting.

There is usually a matching portion advising 'we will match as closely as possible' which doesn't always look the same. Always issues with this.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We have everything through AAMI as well. I got my rating 1 through my mum which initially made the premiums cheaper and now I've got it for life plus we get 25% off our premiums too. We've never had am issue with them and found them really helpful and friendly over the phone too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well I'm going to suggest one that no one else has!

I'm with budget direct with both mine and DHs cars as well as home and contents and I had never made a claim until a month or so ago. I changed everything from racv and saved about $500 a year..

Firstly I noticed some water damage to our kitchen, it was assessed and fixed in about 4 weeks from first contact using local tradesmen. A couple of weeks after I made that claim I also had a car smash into the drivers side of my car while I was driving and within 2 and a half weeks the car had been written off and I had received the payout in my bank account.
    The payout was also at the highest end of the price guide according to a market value estimate which I wasn't expecting at all.

They were fantastic and very easy to deal with, the only downside was that our car seats were only covered to $250 and we had 3 in the car that needed replacing so were out of pocket roughly $600. That was our fault though as we didn't have the extra cover required even though the policy states that car seats are included as a personal belonging and only covered to $250 :-(

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Atkogirl85 View Post
    We have are in WA, and were with RAC a couple of years ago. They seemed fine until we needed to claim. DH and our two children were T-boned by someone running a light and the car was a write off.
    RAC took a month to finally come out and just ASSESS the car! Then it was another 8 WEEKS before we received our payment. Luckily we had the cash to by our new car before RAC got their act together or we would have been left with no car for three months.
    That really sucks!! Hope your family were ok. I have not had to claim with them yet but definitely would not be able to be without a car

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've had good experiences claiming through NRMA and Suncorp and a lousy experience with Allianz (it was about a decade ago though, and I think it was just a terrible claims officer I had, so not sure if its fair to write off the whole company).

I'm currently with NRMA because they're cheap for the level of cover they offer and are no fuss with claims.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm with NRMA. Absolutely hate Suncorp. I had a not at fault car accident with them and took ages for them to pay out since my car was a write off. I had to be constantly chasing them up for information and when they wanted to assess the cars damage. They tried to get me to pay excess as it was getting too hard chasing up other party in accident. The guy denied all knowledge of an accident even though I had his license number and photos of him at the scene and witness reports