+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ZanesMum89 View Post
    Allianz for 1 car, commonwealth for home n contents and RAC for other car. We are in the process of changing both cars to RAC coz they have been pretty good so far but if your not in WA I don't think you can insure with them.
    We have are in WA, and were with RAC a couple of years ago. They seemed fine until we needed to claim. DH and our two children were T-boned by someone running a light and the car was a write off.
    RAC took a month to finally come out and just ASSESS the car! Then it was another 8 WEEKS before we received our payment. Luckily we had the cash to by our new car before RAC got their act together or we would have been left with no car for three months.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    The best company I have dealt with is RACT. But now I have to change due to where I live. I think I might just go with Nrma.

Anyone but aami.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    We are with Youi best rates around.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We are with aami for everything and have never had a problem

Thanks
    Reviews
    We are currently with Youi for car and house/contents. They were definitely the cheapest but the customer service is crap!
    Made 2 claims with them and it just takes so long for it to be processed. Both times it was storm damage to our property. First one took 3 months to fix, second one took over a month. I was constantly calling them to find out what was happening, they never kept us updated!
    I'm looking at changing companies at the moment do thank you for starting this thread. IMO I would rather pay a little bit extra per year If we actually get some customer service.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I'm with Youi for the car, they were great when I hit a wallaby and made a claim and their rate was the best when I compared premiums with other companies.

I'm with Westpac for contents (I rent, so don't have building/house insurance) but haven't claimed so I can't comment from that perspective

Thanks
    Reviews
    I love Racq, their policies are amazing but they are a little more expensive. I just changed to nrma cos it was cheaper and their policies are very similar to racq's

I'm a little bit worried about the smaller insurance companies. They are cheaper which is great, but their policies are not as comprehensive and don't cover as much as the larger companies. I would DEFINITELY read the product disclosure statements of any company before choosing them as you may be surprised which companies insure what and in what circumstances.

The repair rate for companies varies all the time. It usually depends on what area you live in with respect to access to repairers and who the claims manager is for your claim.
    Also the time of year the damage happens can impact on repair rates. Christmas/new year is the worst time!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have alot of good and bad experience.

I was with Commonweath (comminsure) and had some flooding in 2010. They paid up eventually however it was a major drama even though it was clear as day that we were insured for it. A complaint was made which also dragged on. Then Jan 2011 we were flooded which resulted in loss of everything and major damage to our house ($200,000 damage). They put it in a different basket all together and refused to pay up. They left us with nothing. They even tried to decline us of the living out of home thing even though it was in our policy that they would pay for our accomodation until it the claim was approved OR declined. I finially one the lousy $2000 from them 11months later after they said and I quote "Yes its in your policy but because this was a disaster we have put it into its own basket and wont honour our policies"

I will honestly say they are the worst to deal with regardless of our problems. over an hour each time when calling about an existing claim and do everything in their power to make it impossible even when approved.

RACQ - I have my car with RACQ and again it was written off in the flood we had in 2010. Within 4 weeks we had a brand new car. They were great. However I have recently (December) had a man drive into the back/side of me (his fault) and am still having drama's with them as he is declining it was his fault even with wittnesses. So my car is still not fixed. once it is I will be changing it.

Suncorp: I had suncorp with my old car for years and only changed as it was to expensive. However I had a few accidents (truck ran into traffic lights which flew off and hit my car, mowing and a stone smashed my back window etc) all were fixed very fast and they were brilliant to talk to on the phone.

AAMI - my friend is with them and while they have been ok they definietly have given her the run about and she too is changing as its hit and miss with them.

Allianz - Dh had his4x4 ute insured with them 5 years ago and he was sitting it against the river bank when the bank collapsed sedning his 6month old ute's nose into the river. It cost $17000 worth of damages. They were good to him. Had it fixed in 10 weeks (was at the repairers that long)

I guess what you pay for is what you get these days. As a result I have now got everything insured with Suncorp except our life insurance and health insurance of course lol.
    Last edited by 1CrazyMoose; 11-04-2012 at 12:39.

Thanks
    Reviews
    QBE for both cars and contents. The cheaper we could find in Brisbane and their policies include more.
    Have been with them for 4 years after switching because RACQ did the dirty on my car which was dragged from outside my work, 20 meters down the road by a truck.
    They include unlimited glass replacement in there policies and I had my windscreen replaced about a month ago due to a stone being flicked on the motor way and resulted in a crack the whole way across, called then, they gave me a claim number and 2 days later o'briens turned up at my work to replace it
    We are traveling overseas later this year and I have been looking at travel insurance, QBE are $10 more expensive but I will be buying it through them because they have been good to us so far

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    I'm with NRMA for contents and comprehensive car insurance. I chose them originally as they offered to cover my car for the highest amount with the lowest premium out of all companies i tried. I've never had any issues with them. I've had a few minor incidents with people hitting my car. They were really good about it all. Assessed it quickly and determined it would be much cheaper for me just to pay for repairs rather then paying the excess.
    They also covered me with contents insurance when i was living in a really dodgy area that most compnaies generally wouldn't touch.