+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Home/contents/car insurance...

Tell me your good and bad experiences about who you are/or were with. Pleeeease...

I am currently looking to change insurance AGAIN! I don't know I it's just me but I can't find a company that isn't run by idiots!

Our latest bungle was with HBF after I got a call saying my d/debit payments hadn't been coming out and I had to pay $600 now.
    Admittedly, the reason for the first missed payment was a lack of funds on my end. But instead of calling and notifying me, they just stopped all payments and waited three months to call and demand an accumulated amount....

So please please tell me your experiences so I might better judge who to stay away from or lean towards.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    We are with sgio, never had an issue

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    AAMI. We are I'm the process of changing!!! I hate hate hate them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Allianz for 1 car, commonwealth for home n contents and RAC for other car. We are in the process of changing both cars to RAC coz they have been pretty good so far but if your not in WA I don't think you can insure with them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Racq for everything. Always paid . No dramas at all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We have modified cars (and a show car), so we use Shannons, who also provide contents insurance, tools insurance, memorabilia insurance, trailer insurance, and even insurance that covers our unregistered showcar when on the trailer!

Thanks
    Reviews
    AAMI. Never had a problem with them, we get a good discount because we have been with them so long and an extra one for having all insurances with them. We have only had a couple of claims, once for something someone did to my car and once for some stolen golf clubs from the garage. It was hassle free and they were easy to deal with. Actually most of my family are insured through them and one family member has had two claims for car accidents and they've been good with that too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Racq here. For home, contents and comprehensive car insurance. We get multi policy discounts and also no claim bonuses etc, plus get cheaper racq roadside assistance membership. Never had a problem making a claim.

I recently decided to shop around and couldn't find a better deal including with Youi who are always saying they are the cheapest cause they ask more questions.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    RACT and we will change our home insurance to CGU soon

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Tumbleweed View Post
    AAMI. Never had a problem with them, we get a good discount because we have been with them so long and an extra one for having all insurances with them. We have only had a couple of claims, once for something someone did to my car and once for some stolen golf clubs from the garage. It was hassle free and they were easy to deal with. Actually most of my family are insured through them and one family member has had two claims for car accidents and they've been good with that too.
    Thanks. Amii was the one I've been looking at at the moment. Their rates seem the most reasonable so far but given my run with insurance it's good to hear positives from some one who has actually made claims.