+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I workout in a crossfit gym..so its a little different..(cough ..better)

If we were to turn up in makeup and fancy clothes, we would feel so uncomfy!

I wear 3/4 pants or shorts and a tshirt, singlet.
    No makeup ever!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wear 3/4 tights from either blockout or Lorna Jane but just wear cheapie loose singlets I do however have good Nike runners. I only wear makeup if I'm going to gym from work- I sweat heaps ewww

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd rather spend my money on proper clothing! I dont see the point in getting dressed up to go to the gym! Understand the trainers getting dressed up in all the gear. If I had loads of money if probably buy some more expensive gear but definitely not makeup - what's the point when you sweat it off anyway!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wear cheapy Kmart 3/4 pants and tshirts...but spend my $$ on a good quality sports bra.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to cellent For This Useful Post:

jessesgirl  (11-04-2012)

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Sorry MsM but I haven't been to the gym for a coulpe of weeks due to one illness after another with DD. When I am at the gym I bring the whole fashion tone down a few notches My 3/4 length trackies are all faded to grey and my gym singlets all have slight yellowing under the arms. In my pre-baby-gym-junky days I owned 1 Lorna Jane item - a headband and the logo washed off the first time I washed it. I know exactly what you mean and how you feel at the gym, I'm right with you. Some women just always look gorgeous, they spring down the treadmill for half an hour and barely need to pat the glow from their brow. And then there is me, gasping and sweating in my BigW trackies and KMart singlets.

I've promised myself that I will buy some nicer gym gear as soon as I lose some more weight but I just can't justify it right now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't wear makeup to the gym - just mascara and lip gloss but I do wear brand names as I think they last longer!!!

I have 3/4 target gym pants that have faded and stretched out of shape in one season but have pairs of Adidas and Nike ones still going strong 2 and a half years on - yes it costs more, but you would pay equivalent in long run as you have to replace cheaper stuff a lot more frequently

If you buy at end of season, after Xmas sales, end of financial year sales or eBay you can get a lot of quality brand named stuff cheaper

Ps I had one mum in my DS1 swimming class that rocked up full face makeup, hair perfectly blow dried and left the lesson looking the same, meanwhile I looked like a drowned rat, I dunno how some of these mums do it!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I don't go to the gym, but I wear either shorts or 3/4 gym tights. DF splurged on me for my birthday last year and got me brand name workout wear. So comfortable and make me feel pretty good

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wear Adidas 3/4 tights and also have Adidas 3/4 yoga/Pilates pants. I usually wear a singlet (got a really cool one from the Mix clothing section of Coles). I can claim gym wear on my tax as I have to do Pilates as part of my job. I admit to wearing foundation to the gym- its a self esteem thing. I get VERY red a bit like this guy!! Lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wear 3/4 pants, crop top and singlet. I have tried shorts a few times but just dont love them!

Brand wise... I am a lorna jane lover.... especially their pants as they last forever! Crop tops all kmart and singlets are from wherever I find ones I like.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I wear 3/4 tights from supre and a singlet top or a loose fitting T-shirt.

I ALWAYS wear makeup to the gym.

Actually, last time I went, when i was in the shower I overheard some girls in the changing rooms b!tching about me because of my makeup (and also probably because I'm new to this gym and they're all very cliquey there). It made me feel awful, because the reason I always wear makeup is because I just cannot bring myself to leave the house without it on - not even to check the letterbox. Self esteem issues and what not ....

Anyway, I guess my point is that not everyone wears makeup or dresses a certain way for the reasons people might think they do.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Shoopuf For This Useful Post:

Boost  (13-04-2012)