+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Sacroiliac/SI joint pain

Hey ladies,

Has anyone had issues with their SI joint during pregnancy? and if so, was anything done about it?

This is my second pregnancy and the pain started again about 5-6 weeks ago. It didn't start with DS until i was in my third tri, It's really sore and makes it even harder as i now have a 16 month to carry around and i always need to carry him on the side that hurts most. I told the doctor when i had issues with it with DS, she only told me to rest and apply heat. Now i'm with a new doctor, i did somewhat tell him when the pain first started as i was there but more so for a different reason, he didn't seem interested and acted like it was just normal... but the pain is starting to come a lot more, and lasts for ages, not just a few minutes like it normally does and it's even uncomfortable sometimes to sit at my computer at work.

Did/does anyone else have this problem, what is being done about it?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Where r u birthing? I suggest getting a sacro belt . I'm having at mater public and saw a physio and bought a belt through them.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to happygirl1982 For This Useful Post:

NowWhoWantsPie?  (11-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I suffered on both pregnancies, 13 months apart, I'm sorry to say I didn't get any relief, I saw a physio but at the end of my second pregnancy i could hardly walk, hold my then 13 mo, push a pram or trolley etc..I didn't find the belt any good... 6 months on from DS I am still in awful pain, I can walk in the flat but not in an incline or hill, carrying DS (11.5kgs) is painful, trolleys and pushing the DOUBLE pram are painful.

Sorry this seems so negative but it's also a problem that most people don't understand. I just am empathising with you and hoping you get through it. Xxxx

If you find a solution please pass it on, I'd love to know before my next pregnancy!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to crunchie For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    I also had really bad sacroiliac/lower lumber pain when I was pregnant from about 4 months - some days it was crippling. I saw a Physio who recommended the sacro support belt which did help alleviate some of the pain ( although birth was the only thing that cured it!)

I hope you can get some relief - its so frustrating not being able to get around properly :-)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to wobbleyhorse For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies. I'm at the RBWH, i only just had my first appointment last Monday, I was going to mention it but it didn't seem as bad at the time. I might give them a ring today to try and see the physio there and i don't want to pay an arm and a leg to see a general one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I had bad SI joint pain which was diagnosed by a physio and the support belt helped massively! Highly recommend it. Mine cost $55.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to kw123 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well i just spoke to the hospital, all she could say for now is to see my gp as i'm only 14 weeks. but once i see the ob for my appointment next month to tell him and he can refer me to the hospital physio. sounds so cunfusing i know but she just thinks the hospital one couldn't do anything this early

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I don't think it's ever too early! If you can afford it I would def go to the physio. I was about 16 weeks when I first went.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to kw123 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Physio is booked for Friday morning, i wouldn't be able to stand waiting another month.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,

Hoping one of you may see this. Where did you get your belt? I had my physio appointment today, and yeah she suggested a few thing including the support belt but said that you can get it in just about any chemist, i looked in 10 today and they only had the ones that go right around you stomach... that can't be right can it? the ones i see online at like this but from what i'm seeing i can only get it online?