+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My Dh can be a bit picky sometimes.... But he has a work friend who has a newborn and they were talking the other week, and his friend said, that you take the baby when you get home from work, so she can have a rest, she will need it getting up all night to him.
    I'm glad that his workmate said this because i didn't think it would happen. We have discussed that once bub's is a bit older DH will take a day over weekend so i can go out and get things i want done.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Neekie View Post

A job is 100x easier than being a mother! We get no breaks, even when the kids are at someone else's house our job is never done.
    Xx
    I don't think that's necessarily true... A rather big leap actually. Some outside-the-home jobs can involve long hours, pressure, stress and few breaks. Likewise, Some SAHM's might either bludge or be able to organise themselves so they get things done and still have a break. We can't judge until we're in someones shoes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    As long as both parties are pulling their weight:
    Free time once the hubby gets home should be split 50/50.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I feel your pain hun i have my hubby home 24/7 atm and he still does nothing. Oh hang on he does lift his feet when i have to vacuum under his feet lol.

Some men are just jokes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey milly Molly thanks appreciate heaps when you said I'm a good mother all my family is abroad so only have inlaws around me, i hardly get told that I have done a good job. I love my son and I see through his eyes sometimes feel like he actually understands and wants to say that I'm doing a good job.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    hi aleen84, you dont have to do everything, you do what you feel like when you feel like doing it. Number one is you, number two is your child, number three is your husband. He does not need the world to jump when he thinks it should. You are not his slave, you are his wife, which is to say, equal partner on this journey. I would say, I think you are doing the best job, being a good mother, he needs to pull his socks up. hugs, Marie.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperGranny View Post
    hi aleen84, you dont have to do everything, you do what you feel like when you feel like doing it. Number one is you, number two is your child, number three is your husband. He does not need the world to jump when he thinks it should. You are not his slave, you are his wife, which is to say, equal partner on this journey. I would say, I think you are doing the best job, being a good mother, he needs to pull his socks up. hugs, Marie.
    This is superb advice! Hugs Aleen!