+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default My husband

Doesn't help in house work he maybe cooks once a month and cleans dishers once a month and empties bin everyday I do all the house work cooking ironing his cloths washing cleaning and look after baby and feed him. He says that cos he has a job he doesnt wana do night shift when he comes home I'm happy with my baby and love my baby more then anything. But I hardly sleep CIos I have so much work to do.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    That! Is not fair! We do not stay home from work to be house wives, we stay home To raise human beings!

A job is 100x easier than being a mother! We get no breaks, even when the kids are at someone else's house our job is never done.
    I have no real advice because every situation is so very different but I hope it doesn't get you too down!
    Xx

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Harliben For This Useful Post:

mrswhitehouse  (11-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I think you should tell your DH that sometimes you don't want to do night shift either! Truly not fair and I'd be making it clear that you won't be continuing on like this. You get what you put up with - don't put up with it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    You're not alone... ALOT of men don't help at home. In this day and age its considered not fair.. In our mothers age it was the norm (still is the norm for my Mum and Dad.)

You should have discussed division of labour before having kids... If you agreed upon something different to what's happening then talk to him about it.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

Home, where my life lies waiting, silently, for me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    very not fair! We share all chores 50/50, when DH is at home (obviously I dont expect him to come and make lunch, since I made brekkie etc)
    but TBH Id prefer for him to childmind so *I* can cook and clean (plus it gives me a break from the toddler!)
    Apparently its biologically harder for men to wake during the night, so we compromise by DH either doing bed time, or breakfast, so I can rest a bit

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by trishalishous View Post
    very not fair! We share all chores 50/50, when DH is at home (obviously I dont expect him to come and make lunch, since I made brekkie etc)
    but TBH Id prefer for him to childmind so *I* can cook and clean (plus it gives me a break from the toddler!)
    Apparently its biologically harder for men to wake during the night, so we compromise by DH either doing bed time, or breakfast, so I can rest a bit
    We're very similar. I find myself needing a child break when DH gets home and do the same with sharing 'shifts' - night time or morning, just to make sure we both feel rested.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Not fair at all. I work days and come home and still have to do the housework/kids etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's not fair! You're a super woman, he should appreciate you and help around the house For me taking care of DS is already a full time job so DH has to do laundry, vacuum, mop... even though he works full time & I'm a SAHM. We do shopping & cooking together. Is there anyway you can go somewhere for a day and let him experience a day like you?

I saw this distributed around facebook, maybe your DH should see it

A man came home from work and found his 3 children outside, still in their pyjamas, playing in the mud, with empty food boxes and wrappers strewn around garden, The door of his wife's car was open, as was the front door to the house and no sign of the dog, walking in the door, he found ...an even bigger mess. A lamp had been knocked over, the throw rug was against one wall, In the front room the TV was on loudly with the cartoon channel, the family room was strewn with toys and various items of clothing. In the kitchen, dishes filled the sink, breakfast food was spilled on the counter, the fridge door was open wide, dog food was spilled on the floor, a broken glass lay under the table, and a small pile of sand was spread by the back door. He quickly headed up the stairs, stepping over toys and more piles of clothes, looking for his wife. He was worried she might be ill, or that something serious had happened. He was met with a small trickle of water as it made its way out the bathroom door. As he peered inside he found wet towels, scummy soap and more toys strewn over the floor. Miles of toilet paper lay in a heap and toothpaste had been smeared over the mirror and walls. As he rushed to the bedroom, he found his wife still curled up in the bed in her pyjamas, reading a novel... She looked up at him, smiled and asked how his day went. He looked at her bewildered and asked, 'What happened here today?' She again smiled and answered, 'You know every day when you come home from work and you ask me what in the world do I do all day?.. ''Yes," was his incredulous reply.. She answered,. 'Well, today I didn't do it.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lovesushi For This Useful Post:

2BabyBears  (10-04-2012),babyla  (10-04-2012),hoping28  (20-04-2012),LoveyDovey  (20-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lovesushi View Post
    That's not fair! You're a super woman, he should appreciate you and help around the house For me taking care of DS is already a full time job so DH has to do laundry, vacuum, mop... even though he works full time & I'm a SAHM. We do shopping & cooking together. Is there anyway you can go somewhere for a day and let him experience a day like you?

I saw this distributed around facebook, maybe your DH should see it
    It doesn't matter how many times I read that it still makes me smile

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wish if he would just help out makes me feel so lonely and sad at times knowing my husband is like this to me