+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep.. I don't like change, and I'm a very big homebody (not in the anti-social sense, but a comfort thing)

It is in our plan over the next few years to buy a house on acreage (if we can afford it one day). But the thought of leaving our house now upsets me.

it's our first home, built from scratch, everything we have done has been done by us, for us. And even though we will move one day, I can also in some ways seeing us living here til we are old and die lol because I can't cope with thought of moving.

I also don't know if it's to do with fact that this house is 'ours'... we've built it, only ones who have lived in it, where as moving into an established house would feel like moving into some other person's home?

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    No not really, we've only rented though. A bit sad to leave the house DS2 was born in but I got a memento of the occasion

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    i was sad to say good-bye to the last house i 'owned' as it was good bye to more than just a house as i moved after splitting with DD1's dad.

in the last 4yrs ive moved way too many times but they've all been rentals so i havent minded much.

currently building our 'home' with DH and put a stop to all the moving for at least 10yrs if not more

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not usually, but I think leaving the house that we currently living in will be sad to move out... Came from the hospital with DS here and lots of positive things happened here!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes! I'm always sad to move and I'm a Raafie kid who's only ever rented lol.
    The house I lived in before the one I'm in now was infested with termites, and had a leaky roof in 2 rooms, and I was still sad to go, even though the house I'm in now is so much nicer.
    I think it was because I had such lovely neighbours there, and over 6 years of memories.
    Some were not so good memories though, so I certainly don't miss those!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I was . Dp and I had rented for 5 years and it felt to much like home. I was sad until all the furniture was gone and I looked around and realized it really was a **** hole and we should have moved sooner!

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Im never sad to leave because when i move i move for a goos reason and whatever i dnt like about the place is reason enough to go out and find better.

But then when i forget how bad those reasons were i start to miss the old place. I start thinking of the fond times i had there and then feel like maybe life would be better if i had of stayed.

Which my husband finds really weird.

rainbow road is online now look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Yes I do. I already have told DP when we leave our current place, that we won't be moving anywhere with a strictly 6-12 month lease only, if we can avoid it. Especially since our new place will be where I'm pregnant and bring home our baby to (hopefully).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    sometimes if it's a family home yes, other homes
    I'm glad to see go. I have lived in around 14 houses and I'm only 20!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I never felt sad moving until we started our family. I was really sad when we moved out of the house I brought DD1 home to even though we were renting off my p's and we were moving to our own place that we'd been waiting for close to two years to be built. Then we left our apartment I went back to clean it and sat in it and cried and cried and cried.That was mainly because we'd moved to a house I hated that was over run with cockroaches and mice and beyond disgustingly filthy. It was a very hard move. When we moved out of that house I was like We rent now and I'm so excited that we'll be moving later this year to our own house once again but I will be a bit sad. We're leaving behind great neighbours and I do like the house we're in.
    I'm hoping we'll get to live in our next house for at least 5 years...DH is already taking about our next house after that though so we'll see