+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    You know what…. I think it is a bit of a tricky one and only you know what feels right
    If you can afford to take time off and your boss is understanding, you could always try it??
    Though this being said, if it were me I think I need to stay busy at work, by the sounds of it you are already at home on your own quite a bit… I would even think about just shortening your hours, maybe even an hour or an hour and a half less a day, enough time for you to get home, feed the pets and unwind……..

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MARTTC For This Useful Post:

jessesgirl  (10-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thanks so much for the advice girls.

Btmac, i feel the same as you. The drugs really give me lots of side effects and feel exhausted a lot of the time. It's also hard when you have to pay attention in high level meeting for 3 hours, but you can't have a coffee! My job isn't overly taxing, but I do have to be on the ball, and i find giving presentations or participating in meetings is so hard when you feel so yukky. I find i'm not as sharp on the ivf and i can't fly around and meet 1 hour deadlines very well anymore.

I might have a think about what would work best. My partner just wants me to give up work, we can afford for me to at the moment, but my career is important to me so i don't want to do that just yet. I might think about going down to 3.5 or 4 days, even just for a month or two to see if it makes a difference. My clinic isn't too far away, but to do my bloods in the morning means i leave the house at 7am and usually don't get him till about 7pm from work. Maybe a day or two a week off for awhile would take a bit of stress out of the ivf, and i'd have more time to exercise and meditate and all that good stuff, i feel like at the moment i continually rush from one thing to the next and am always tired. I'm planning our wedding as well, guess the extra time couldn't hurt for that

God us women deserve a medal! The stuff we can endure is amazing at times. Good luck to all of you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I worked full time during our iui cycles.
    I would head in early to the clinic to have blood tests and ultrasounds. I would have the insemination day off unless it was a weekend. If I did the insemination on a weekend I'd take the day if the blood test off as I didn't want it work or be at work and get the phone call of a bfp or bfn

Thanks
    Reviews
    We couldn't afford IVF (well esp so many rounds of it) if I don't work, or having another child for that matter. My DH is already supporting three teenagers, two of them live with us full time, and paying hefty child support for the third. I have cut down to 4 days a week though, and my work was quite flexible enough for me to have days or a week or two off here and there for procedures, or changing work days around. My colleagues have been fantastic at covering me in my absence, I had to take two months off earlier during this pregnancy as I was put on bedrest by my obstetrician. My FS schedules most of the cycle appointments and scans early in the mornings (he starts work at 5am!) so usually I can even make it to work by 8:30am after seeing him, scan and blood test, even though I work at the other side of town.

For me I think the work keeps my mind occupied, if not I'd worry myself to death and overanalyse everything with the spare time. I usually feel a bit sore after EPU, so I ensure I have 2-3 days off after, and usually take the whole day of FET off, and schedule my day off for the day after FET as well.

Disney Baby is offline <--- That's my baby at 8 cells old <3 Ahh the perks of IVF =D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I was working part time for my first cycle and found that I had too much time on my hands to think about the "what if's". However, now I am in a full time position, but DH is my boss so it works out well, but I find it hard to have to keep a straight face when all you want to do is cry after some bad news.

The money comes in real handy though!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah, i’ve worked full time for the last 2 cycles baring some days off after the EPU and the transfer. I think if i had to go and do a full cycle again straight away, i’d def go part time, but with 5 frosties we should have awhile off that.

You are right girls, the money comes in handy. We can afford for me to cut back or take a break for a few months, but we would be loosing a big chunk of income which is why i’m hesitant to do it. I think after i get this next FET cycle over with, i’m going to see about taking Friday’s off for 2 months to see if that works any better. I’m really sick at the moment on the estradoil but it’s only a few more weeks.

DH as your boss, that must be interesting Disney! My DP and I used to work in the same place, and are in the same general field but i don’t know how we’d go working closely together. Hope you’re transfer went well today J

Thanks
    Reviews
    I continued to work full time when doing ivf, didn't see the point in cutting back work. It would have given me time to worry.

Disney Baby is offline <--- That's my baby at 8 cells old <3 Ahh the perks of IVF =D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    We use to work together, that's how we met

I was worried about him being my boss, but so far it is working out really well. There are only 4 of us on the night shift which makes it easier I guess because he isn't as stressed as he would be if there were more.
    We also don't work too closely together. Although we are in the same area, he does his own thing and I do mine.

I'm hoping my transfer is successful so that I won't have to be there for too long anyway hehe