+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Camping

DP and I have organised a camping trip away so he can go motorX riding with some of our friends. I have never been camping with the kids before. Last time I went DD1 was 1 and she just stayed with her Grandmother.

This time round will have both girls with me. So I am wondering what I need to pack on this trip away for the girls.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'd definietly get some Gum boots if you can, great for camping trips. Sleeping bags, depending if your girls are TT maybe take a couple of extra blankets just incase there are any accidents. Nurofen/Pandol/First Aid(even just basics like stingo, bandaids, sunscreen, insect repellent etc.) Variety of clothes, I don't know about Adelaide but it's getting quite cool during the nights/early morning in QLD but still stinking hot during the day. Shelter, like a big tarp or a gazebo if you have one for shade or incase it rains. And then any toys, colouring books/pencils etc. they might want to keep them occupied.

Camping with littlies is fun! After a couple of trips you tend to make your own lists of what is useful and whats not but there are heaps of list available on the net.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Littlemissmetal For This Useful Post:

Missemzy  (10-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Cigarette lighter and marshmallows for the fire. Thongs for the shower (if you're in a caravan park). Bucket, detergent and sponge for washing up. Aeroguard and sunscreen. Beanies and hats. Torches. If you have room- bikes/trikes. Foldable chairs and table. Cheap camp stove (u can get them from Kmart for about $20) and minimal utensils/cutlery/plastic crockery/pans. Meal plan do you don't have too much food.

Depends on how long you're going for and how much room you have. Have fun, we have a great time camping.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to nomes83 For This Useful Post:

Missemzy  (10-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks! Yeah I am really looking forward to it and Miss 3 is REALLY REALLY looking forward to camping as well since it's her first trip away.

Question to anyone that formula feeds thats camped. What did you take away with you as far as formula. Pre-made or just the tin?