+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by loving6 View Post
    Maybe not for you but For ME it would be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Waitingfornumber2 View Post
    . I think (and I may get blasted here) that there should be limitations in place to preserve better living conditions for all, but where to draw the limitations is tough. I think one child is cruel... So I dare say maybe 4/5. .
    One child is cruel? Honestly, learn to choose you words more carefully when you are going to insult people. You may not agree with families having just one child, but cruel is most definitely not the word for it.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GothChick For This Useful Post:

Alexander Beetle  (10-04-2012),Luna Lovegood  (10-04-2012),wilding  (20-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by wantingtostart View Post
    I'm not trying to blast you lol, but do you really think there should be a restriction put on the small percentage of people who have large families? Do you also think immigration should be restricted as it's contributing to 2/3 of our growth?
    Thanks For not blasting hehe. Not restriction, discouraged as I clarified in second post looking at a world perspective rather than Australian so immigration doesn't really come into what I'm talking about. I guess it would be a step the world would need to take together because no point Australia reducing population and the rest of the world carrying on - in terms of national security/war

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Of course one child isn't cruel any more than six or seven are.

I don't understand why there is such judgment about family size - whether it is small or large.

Well done to people who know what size is for them rather than just doing what is 'normal' or 'expected'.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to NancyBlackett For This Useful Post:

Luna Lovegood  (10-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by babyla View Post
    I'm sorry but 1 child being cruel is over the top.
    Cruel is, torture in war, bullying another person mercilessly, stoning people to death or forcing your
    child to eat a carrot at Maccas.
    1 child is not cruel.
    I meant cruel to the parents, not child. I would find it cruel to not be given the opportunity to have more than one child if I wanted them. Was a reflection on chinas one child policy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Some people would think 6 kids are cruel.... that mothers of 6 wouldn't have the financial or emotional resources to provide each child with what they need and deserve.

Not me of course.... I don't make sweeping and hurtful generalisations of the parenting choices of a whole section of society that I don't even know.

Thanks
    Reviews
    surely she meant it is cruel to limit people to one child?It is cruel.people should have the choice.we need all types, only children, many siblings,twins,triplets etc etc.she was not saying people whochoose to have one child are cruel.

9. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ishtyban For This Useful Post:

CazHazKidz  (11-04-2012),Etienne  (10-04-2012),Little-Pink-Hen  (10-04-2012),LoveLivesHere  (10-04-2012),NancyBlackett  (10-04-2012),tatia&shura  (11-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I meant cruel to the parents, not child. I would find it cruel to not be given the opportunity to have more than one child if I wanted them. Was a reflection on chinas one child policy
    Oh I totally misread that. Huge apologies!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by GothChick View Post
    One child is cruel? Honestly, learn to choose you words more carefully when you are going to insult people. You may not agree with families having just one child, but cruel is most definitely not the word for it.
    No insult intended (I'm actually an only child!). Was reflecting negatively on one child policy in china...

Thanks
    Reviews
    I actually went and had a coffee and thought about this and wondered if I'd taken it the wrong way.. Fair enough, I'll stop and think next time before I jump on something
    Apologies!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to babyla For This Useful Post:

squirrelex  (10-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by NancyBlackett View Post
    Oh I totally misread that. Huge apologies!!
    All good, probably didn't word it very well 😳