+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by c2p08 View Post

I think there needs to be restrictions on the amount of kids parents who repeatedly have their kids taken off them by DoCS can have.
    Agreed. I used to work in the foster care/residential home sector and we had so many sibling groups in care...yet the mothers would keep having more babies! I supported a foster family who had a sibling group of 6 in their care! Plus the mother was pregnant with another child...

Makes me so sad.

Although depending what type of order the children go under with child safety sometimes the foster family gets the baby bonus payments (if child is taken from birth). Well it used to be like this...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemmi View Post
    I've yet to meet a person who has kids for the money.
    Sent from my MB526 using BubHub
    Lol I'm surprised by this as we're both from the same town and I know a few who have done it, who've had children removed and just gone and had another.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    On one hand I do agree it's extremely sad seeing 4 kids in care for neglect or abuse and then the mother is pg again. But people can and do change. However much I find child abuse really terrible, a drug addict that doesn't feed her kids can get clean, fix their life, then go on to lead a productive fulfilling life.

Should that person be banned or sterilised after her kids are taken, then down the track she gets her life together, meets a wonderful man and they can't have kids?

the answer to addressing child abuse isn't the above.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

Ffrenchknickers  (20-04-2012),Misschief  (19-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by c2p08 View Post
    Did i offend you?
    not at all, my phone quoted the wrong person :/

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mum2b09 View Post
    Lol I'm surprised by this as we're both from the same town and I know a few who have done it, who've had children removed and just gone and had another.
    maybe I dont get out much?

I know of one set of parents here who have the kids ... and loose them IMMEDIATELY apon leaving hospital,
    But they just have them cos they cbf'd with birth control not cos they hope they'll keep this one.

I do know a few who've lost kids and who have more but I dont know them personally so dont know that they've done it for money etc