+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FiveInTheBed View Post
    Threads like this make me long for a day where money no longer exists and the barter system keeps everything in balance.

*dreams*
    I think the problems extend beyond money. The worlds physical resources just can not handle the population growth.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to hopefully2 For This Useful Post:

squirrelex  (15-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I really don't care how many kids someone has. Again, my main concern is the running out of resources.

Maybe this is a bit off topic, but another thing that saddens me is the high risk to a lot of flora and fauna ending up extinct because we humans (superior beings) keep multiplying forever and need more houses built to live in or more meat to eat.
    As we believe we are superior over orangutangs, whales, tigers, lions, rhino's etc, we will just kill them to make way for us and our luxuries (ie ivory statues on the mantelpiece, bigger houses and properties, fancy mahogany and teak furniture, etc).

So its not just about human rights, what about the rights of our flora and fauna?

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Misschief For This Useful Post:

Ana Gram  (15-04-2012),hopefully2  (15-04-2012),squirrelex  (15-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    [delirium]

"It's kind of sad that partnered SAHP's seem to be free of people's judgments even if they are receiving payments. I always see the irony here of some that are so judgmental, particularly of single parents getting payments, yet they receive payments themselves to support them being at home."

I totally know what you are saying, but i don't think all partnered people are free of judgement. I know two couples who claim that they are not together so that the woman can get a full pension, and neither of the mums have had to work for years because of it. Both their parters earn a really good income, so they have plenty of money for holidays and new cars. We also know a couple who both have never worked and have 6 kids, but only the 2 older ones are with them because they are drug addicts and get every baby taken from them. I think single parents def cop a lot of flack at times if they are receiving payments, but plenty of couples abuse the system too.
    Last edited by Clementine Grace; 15-04-2012 at 15:38.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by trishalishous View Post
    i agree, if there is to be any income control it must be for all welfare payments
    Yep agree with this comment.

I've seen parents who are both unemployed, who currently already have a child choose to have another child because they know they can fall back on welfare to help out. In my view my partner and I both work our butts off and see our taxes going towards the welfare payments of people who cant be bothered finding a job.

I'm more sympathetic towards families where there is at least one parent working, but then still baffles me why some still choose to add to their families when cash flow is tight. Maybe if there were some limits on welfare payments through capping of the payment at a certain number of children then these families can still choose to have more kids if they wish but just realise that the Government (and tax payers) will not be assisting with any further payments.
    Realistically.....if you are relying on welfare payments should you really be be choosing to have 3+ kids?

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NatV View Post

I've seen parents who are both unemployed, who currently already have a child choose to have another child because they know they can fall back on welfare to help out. In my view my partner and I both work our butts off and see our taxes going towards the welfare payments of people who cant be bothered finding a job.

I'm more sympathetic towards families where there is at least one parent working, but then still baffles me why some still choose to add to their families when cash flow is tight. Maybe if there were some limits on welfare payments through capping of the payment at a certain number of children then these families can still choose to have more kids if they wish but just realise that the Government (and tax payers) will not be assisting with any further payments.
    Realistically.....if you are relying on welfare payments should you really be be choosing to have 3+ kids?

Some people sacrifice money to have kids. As long as the kids are lived, fed and warm, what's the big deal?

And honestly, the amount of welfare that increases with each child is minimal, and not going to make someone a millionaire

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

GuestMember  (19-04-2012),share a book  (19-04-2012)

Home, where my life lies waiting, silently, for me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NatV View Post

actually i mean welfare such as baby bonus, paid parental leave, family tax benefits and childcare rebates.
    if any payments are controlled, they all must be.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to trishalishous For This Useful Post:

delirium  (19-04-2012),share a book  (19-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    i'm not against it, but, if it was in place 26yrs ago in Australia i wouldn't be here

I think there needs to be restrictions on the amount of kids parents who repeatedly have their kids taken off them by DoCS can have.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by c2p08 View Post
    i'm not against it, but, if it was in place 26yrs ago in Australia i wouldn't be here

I think there needs to be restrictions on the amount of kids parents who repeatedly have their kids taken off them by DoCS can have.
    I am the last child of 8,
    My mother recieved very little monetary support from the government when she had her first 5 children,

Her last 3 there was money support available for,
    We three weren't tried for we just weren't NOT tried for, mum didn't use birth control.

I've yet to meet a person who has kids for the money, most normal people realise the small amount the govt pays you gets you by and nothing else

Sent from my MB526 using BubHub

13. The Following User Says Thank You to GuestMember For This Useful Post:

share a book  (19-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemmi View Post
    I am the last child of 8,
    My mother recieved very little monetary support from the government when she had her first 5 children,

Her last 3 there was money support available for,
    We three weren't tried for we just weren't NOT tried for, mum didn't use birth control.

I've yet to meet a person who has kids for the money, most normal people realise the small amount the govt pays you gets you by and nothing else

Sent from my MB526 using BubHub
    Did i offend you?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Whoops double post.
    Last edited by Night Owl; 19-04-2012 at 18:44. Reason: double post