+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    In some cases absolutely!

There are some terrible parents where I live. One lady in particular has had all of her children removed from her care so she has another baby, she's done this 3 times and they've all been taken from her due to neglect and abuse.
    In this situation I'd say yes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mum2b09 View Post

There are some terrible parents where I live. One lady in particular has had all of her children removed from her care so she has another baby, she's done this 3 times and they've all been taken from her due to neglect and abuse.
    Yep I agree with this.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Severe cases yes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mum2b09 View Post

Human rights abuse.

Thanks
    Reviews
    In sever abuse cases/pedo cases yes I agree.

But the whole "save the planet thing no" it's a myth anyway many countries have ageing populations and in about 100years they are stuffed. Some Asian countries do documentaries on the duggars family to encourage people to have more kids.

As for financial there are so many arguement on this one I don't have time right now to go into it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not a blanket restriction on how many kids, but I am quite honestly in favour of restricting people from having children until they can prove they can, and will, look after the children. I just see far too many criminally neglected and/or abused children in my job to agree that everyone has the right to have as many children as they want, notwithstanding how they actually look after the children they have.

Trishalicious - there is already free voluntary contraception available which is great, but not always availed by those who perhaps should
    Last edited by Artful; 10-04-2012 at 16:42.

Thanks
    Reviews
    mmm it's a difficult one to answer. I see my brother who has 7 kids to 2 different girls and he doesn't even have contact with the first 4. He and his partner he has the 3 kids to are both drug f***** criminals and I feel for the kids, they aren't looked after well. They are beautiful kids but I just think he is too irresponsible and just doesn't deserve to have kids and I see him continue to breed, he should be sterilised. It's not always the case though I know. But to be honest I'm not sure why some people would want to have lots of kids and don't feel it is necessary really.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    As for the environmental aspect, I would hazard to say that my seven have less of an environmental impact than one like little Suri for example.

No I dont think there should be a limit. But I also disagree with the opposite of doctors refusing to perform sterilisations on people requesting it because that individual doesn't meet the criteria the surgeon uses (eg too young).

9. The Following User Says Thank You to sweetseven For This Useful Post:

BabyG4  (10-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don’t think you can ever really tell people how many kids they should have. I think with the argument for having less kids to save on global resources, it’s about using less too. When we were kids we didn’t have a tv/ipad/laptop/xbox in every room of the house. We walked places and didn’t have take away 3 nights a week like I see a lot of kids these days, so I guess it’s really all up to the individual.

Having said that, I know quite a few families that have 5 or 6 kids and they totally don’t look after them, they get taken off them and the mothers purely keeps having kids to collect their pension. I think in those extreme circumstances of child neglect there should be a way to encourage those mothers to stop having children they can’t look after.

Buttoneska is offline Winner 2010- Most Community Minded Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    nope, while I agree with the idea of unfit parents not having children and over population in general - I think we should all be able to chose for ourselves and shoudln't be controlled by the government.