+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovemyfam View Post
    In the the US it's capped at the number of children you start on aid with and you don't get extra for more kids unless you are off for 12 months prior to the other child being born. Unless they are conceived while on depo, by rape or incest. That could be an option
    We can then have 4 year olds home alone while Mum works a 14 hour day for nearly nothing. No, I don't support that.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to share a book For This Useful Post:

SassyMummy  (14-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    In the the US it's capped at the number of children you start on aid with and you don't get extra for more kids unless you are off for 12 months prior to the other child being born. Unless they are conceived while on depo, by rape or incest. That could be an option
    Considering the state of their financial problems, I wouldn't be looking towards america. I'd say they are a candidate for 'what not to do'.

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Alexander Beetle For This Useful Post:

Ana Gram  (14-04-2012),Benji  (14-04-2012),headoverfeet  (14-04-2012),LoveLivesHere  (14-04-2012),SassyMummy  (14-04-2012),share a book  (14-04-2012),Stiflers Mom  (14-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by share a book View Post
    We can then have 4 year olds home alone while Mum works a 14 hour day for nearly nothing. No, I don't support that.
    Why would they not be in daycare ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexander Beetle View Post
    Considering the state of their financial problems, I wouldn't be looking towards america. I'd say they are a candidate for 'what not to do'.
    Exactly don't do what they did just 10 years ago they gave a lot of aid to a lot of people and more aid for every kid it was very similar to how Australia does it. It's getting better and people are getting jobs and off the system because the government help/ force them to be getting an education or work. Just another opinion on the subject is all

Thanks
    Reviews
    Exactly don't do what they did just 10 years ago they gave a lot of aid to a lot of people and more aid for every kid it was very similar to how Australia does it. It's getting better and people are getting jobs and off the system because the government help/ force them to be getting an education or work. Just another opinion on the subject is all
    No. No it isn't getting better. A quick read of the news will show you that. Millions are poor, homeless or on the poverty line. It's not getting better at all.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Alexander Beetle For This Useful Post:

Ana Gram  (14-04-2012),delirium  (14-04-2012),share a book  (14-04-2012),Stiflers Mom  (14-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm not getting into it... But growth does concern me... I mean, one day this planet WILL run out of room and resources.. What then?

***Happy to be a Mummy & Daddy of ONE! :-) ***

Thanks
    Reviews
    No. No it isn't getting better. A quick read of the news will show you that. Millions are poor, homeless or on the poverty line. It's not getting better at all.
    So what about China and India? They don't have millions below the poverty line, homeless or poor? We don't buy 'Made in China' products that utilise below minimum wages? How many Apple products do you have? How many people buy Chinese, Indian products to save their Australian money?

I really don't think it is fair for someone to say 'Hey, in Australia you can choose to be a sahm, working mum ect but when the manufacturing sector job your husband has is gone or the retail sector job you partner has is no longer there that it is your fault for having 3, 4, 5 kids if you can't support yourself. Life is life, you deal with the punches as they come. We can't prepare for every single thing. It's like saying 'It's your fault because you home value has decreased.. you can't expect someone to know and prepare for that. Is it your fault if it happens to you and you were relying on the money to buy a BIGGER home for your two kids?

Saying that one element ie restricting children is going to work in one economy does not necessarily mean it will work in our economy. There are too many variables. America does have good notions within their economy, as does others. To blanket say we are not willing to learn from other economies apart from those who are NOW successful and thriving is naive.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MumDadBoyandGirl View Post
    So what about China and India? They don't have millions below the poverty line, homeless or poor? We don't buy 'Made in China' products that utilise below minimum wages? How many Apple products do you have? How many people buy Chinese, Indian products to save their Australian money?

I really don't think it is fair for someone to say 'Hey, in Australia you can choose to be a sahm, working mum ect but when the manufacturing sector job your husband has is gone or the retail sector job you partner has is no longer there that it is your fault for having 3, 4, 5 kids if you can't support yourself. Life is life, you deal with the punches as they come. We can't prepare for every single thing. It's like saying 'It's your fault because you home value has decreased.. you can't expect someone to know and prepare for that. Is it your fault if it happens to you and you were relying on the money to buy a BIGGER home for your two kids?

Saying that one element ie restricting children is going to work in one economy does not necessarily mean it will work in our economy. There are too many variables. America does have good notions within their economy, as does others. To blanket say we are not willing to learn from other economies apart from those who are NOW successful and thriving is naive.
    Yes I wouldn't be looking to china and India as examples either. But I was responding directly to a post about America. I'm not quite sure what the rest of your post actually meant though.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Alexander Beetle For This Useful Post:

share a book  (14-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes I wouldn't be looking to china and India as examples either. But I was responding directly to a post about America. I'm not quite sure what the rest of your post actually meant though.
    I was responding to the restriction of 'resources' to 2/3 children. If you have more than 2 kids the government apparently shouldn't assist you as per pp ie. family assist. I agree with not having children if you cannot afford to do so, however to prevent access to those because they were in a fortunate situation and are not now and unethical.
    Last edited by MumDadBoyandGirl; 14-04-2012 at 14:46.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MumDadBoyandGirl View Post
    I was simply responding to some previous posts that mentioned if you have more than 2 children, it is you fault if you husband loses his job and you have no way of supporting yourself.
    Ok. You quoted me so that's why I couldn't understand how it was relevant. No worries.