+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NatV View Post
    I dont support the a restriction on the number of kids, but on the other hand l think the government should not increase some of the government benefits people receive just because they choose to have more children. E.g. no increased government support beyond having two kids....

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using BubHub
    No increase in FTB, CCB/CCR capped at 2 children? Is that what you mean?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by share a book View Post
    No increase in FTB, CCB/CCR capped at 2 children? Is that what you mean?
    I think that the child care should go to more children since they need child care to be employed

Home, where my life lies waiting, silently, for me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    So family tax benefit? Or childcare benefit/rebate too?

I do not support income control, I do not support control over the amount of kids someone has.
    i agree, if there is to be any income control it must be for all welfare payments

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovemyfam View Post
    I think that the child care should go to more children since they need child care to be employed
    What do you mean? Do you mean families with more children should get childcare? Sorry, I don't get you...

Thanks
    Reviews
    What do you mean? Do you mean families with more children should get childcare? Sorry, I don't get you...
    I dont think that if they ever stopped giving aid to those for more kids that the child care should be cut it should cover all the kids

Home, where my life lies waiting, silently, for me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    why should one form of benefits (ccr/ccb) be exempt from limits?
    besides if you cant afford childcare then you shouldnt have that many kids, right?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to trishalishous For This Useful Post:

share a book  (14-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by trishalishous View Post
    why should one form of benefits (ccr/ccb) be exempt from limits?
    besides if you cant afford childcare then you shouldnt have that many kids, right?
    Exactly. Why should my tax money () go to other peoples' childcare fees?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Ive had moments where I wish there was a loop hole in human right to sterilized certain people. Namely my previous neighbour who after having her kids taken off her by DOCS & put in their fathers care would loudly and often complain about not getting parenting payments & FTB and said she will just have to get pregnant again to remedy the situation.

But.... I cant think of an ethical or practical way to prevent people like her having more children.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Boobycino For This Useful Post:

share a book  (14-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Also what happens if someone has 6 kids, both on decent wages, can more than afford the kids without childcare, ftb, any supplements, etc, then one is injured and laid off and the other is forced to cut back to part-time. How do they continue to raise 6 kids if payments are capped at 3? Child support is already capped at 3 which I never understood either.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Also what happens if someone has 6 kids, both on decent wages, can more than afford the kids without childcare, ftb, any supplements, etc, then one is injured and laid off and the other is forced to cut back to part-time. How do they continue to raise 6 kids if payments are capped at 3? Child support is already capped at 3 which I never understood either.
    In the the US it's capped at the number of children you start on aid with and you don't get extra for more kids unless you are off for 12 months prior to the other child being born. Unless they are conceived while on depo, by rape or incest. That could be an option