Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Argh if someone told me i could only have 2 kids
    they would definitely see my bad side!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexander Beetle View Post
    Sorry love. That wasn't directed at you, it just happened to follow your post. It was a general Grr because I've seen it so many times on BH. thankfully never IRL
    That's ok I just hoped I hadn't offended anyone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    All single mums should stop studying and just go get jobs in supermarkets and daycares..as that will help the economy....

Bwaahahahahahhahahaahhaa

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think some people meant the vouchers would be great for the people who are suspected of neglecting their children, underfeed them and spend their money on cigs and alcohol. Perhaps they are in there asking for money every other week even though the amount they had given was absolutely sufficient for food for the month...and you see them down your local most nights...that kind of thing.

I think a card with money on it, that is linked back to centrelink and is unique to that individual should be given out to those kind of people, and they have to show picture ID at the checkout and sign.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexander Beetle View Post
    Oh here we go. Let's marginalise the poor again because of the few that abuse it. Studies have shown that the majority of people on benefits don't abuse the system. Why on earth should I be embarrassed and humiliated every single time I shop just because my relationship didn't work out? Why should I have to get vouchers because I study? I'm sorry but I've got the bl00dy right to spend my money when and where I please. I don't need to have it monitored by everyone else. Actually, let's give the FTB to everyone in vouchers too. Ugh. This sickens me every time I here people getting so d@mn superior about what others on benefits should do.
    It sickens me to see children go hungry, dirty and cold. It sickens me that rather than do something to prevent then some people would prefer to sit back and talk about our 'right' to do what we want with our money.

It has absolutely nothing to do with feeling superior, and everything to do with wanting to prevent children going without because their stupid parents can't organise their way out of a paper bag. I am sick of being polite about this - there are some families who should NOT have children and the children that they do have should be protected to the point that they at least know where there next meal is coming from. They should know that they can have nappies with the kid money their mum or dad is receiving, not another bloody opportunity to watch their parents get falling down drunk before they leave them in the house at two years of age.

These sorts of protections are NOT for everyone on assistance, but for those who have shown that they are unable to organise their finances so their children can continue to eat and have basic subsistance levels of comfort.

You want to talk about rights? How about the right of children to food, shelter and clothing.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Artful For This Useful Post:

squirrelex  (12-04-2012),wilding  (20-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Depends on the situation... My in laws are super super religious... They don't use contraception..my sil
    Has five kids under age of 4... She is constantly crying, tired and stressed and financially Very strained!!! Te kids r cute but have no disipline. She keep having to ask for money from family..even to buy a bigger car. Thy will keep reproducing as long as "god allows them".. I think they should stop!!
    If u have the money, and the love Etc for more than two kids, I have no problem with it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BerylsMum View Post
    All single mums should stop studying and just go get jobs in supermarkets and daycares..as that will help the economy....

Bwaahahahahahhahahaahhaa
    That sounds like a great idea... I'm imaging the campaign ad.

"Let's keep them poor, but poor enough to support themselves by giving them a low wage, no skill job, where they're paying tax, instead of being supported by our valuable tax dollars. We don't want them educated, after all, it's cheaper to outsource educated employees from countries with barely any employment laws."

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Artful View Post
    It sickens me to see children go hungry, dirty and cold. It sickens me that rather than do something to prevent then some people would prefer to sit back and talk about our 'right' to do what we want with our money.

It has absolutely nothing to do with feeling superior, and everything to do with wanting to prevent children going without because their stupid parents can't organise their way out of a paper bag. I am sick of being polite about this - there are some families who should NOT have children and the children that they do have should be protected to the point that they at least know where there next meal is coming from. They should know that they can have nappies with the kid money their mum or dad is receiving, not another bloody opportunity to watch their parents get falling down drunk before they leave them in the house at two years of age.

These sorts of protections are NOT for everyone on assistance, but for those who have shown that they are unable to organise their finances so their children can continue to eat and have basic subsistance levels of comfort.

You want to talk about rights? How about the right of children to food, shelter and clothing.
    Isn't this what the basics cards are for?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Artful View Post

If a parent is neglecting their children then i support the government's current program of controlling the parents money,

They Have a system in place already,
    They take money automatically and give cards for certain stores to proven neglectful parents

This however should not br a blanket approach for all the welfare recipient

My Ds is well fed, owns more clothes than myself and goes for nothing, I work my budget out perfectly for this.

We only spend 30-50$ per fortnight on fresh fruit and veg though (thank you local fresh produce market)

I would be ****ed and alot worse off if forced to shop at one of my larger supermarkets for fresh produce
    Sent from my MB526 using BubHub

11. The Following User Says Thank You to GuestMember For This Useful Post:

Ana Gram  (12-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovemyfam View Post
    Isn't this what the basics cards are for?
    Yep, absolutely it is. That post you have repeated was in response to a few posts that insinuated that it was somehow superior to think in this way.