+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My mother said to me when we were outside a chocolate cafe that we were going into 'so, how is your weight going?' I was 40 +2 (and in prelabour though they didn't know this) at this stage but I hadn't seen her much as she lives interstate. I was extremely annoyed and just commented that I hadn't been really focussing as I was *pregnant*. Besides I thought it was fairly obvious. This was after other comments from my Father about how 'big' I was and that I could have been used for a ball at the volleyball tournaments. Needless to say coffee with them was very short and I didn't order as much as I would have liked
    4 years on I still remember. Holding a grudge much?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    A girl at work kept saying "look how big your getting" I didn't mind cause she wasn't been nasty she was genuinely excited for me! I jokingly turned around one day and said in response " no you are! " now we comment on how thin we each other and not to turn sideways or we wouldn't be able to find each other .
    People aren't been nasty or negative. I think we over react to their comments. I've put on 20kg and loving it. First time I can pile on weight and not care!!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to happygirl1982 For This Useful Post:

tea&toast  (10-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    OMG ladies I am 27 weeks pg with my second and have been getting the 'how long have you got to go?' question for weeks! When i tell them people nearly fall of their chairs! I am huge this time, all tummy. I have been asked at least 10 times if I am sure its not twins (I am sure). Cant believe I still have 3 months to go!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't know how people think its ok to make such harsh comments about weight to pregnant women. Its not ok!
    A woman I worked with would look at me and giggle and comment about how high I was. Every single day! Even before I actually started showing! It started to grate on my nerves and made me feel worried that I was too huge - thankfully I have a great GP and partner to reassure me lol.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just tell myself that when ppl say 'wow you have popped' or 'look at how big you are' they are only referring to my baby growing being healthy and strong and not saying it with malice and most medical evidence says its fine to put on 12kg to 20kg when pregnant, so I'm not stressing until I think it will be more than that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Newmum2012 View Post
    I just tell myself that when ppl say 'wow you have popped' or 'look at how big you are' they are only referring to my baby growing being healthy and strong and not saying it with malice and most medical evidence says its fine to put on 12kg to 20kg when pregnant, so I'm not stressing until I think it will be more than that.
    I do have to remind myself that. Its probably more the use of the word 'fat' regardless of being pregnant or not it's never a nice word!!

I put on 17kgs with ds, and no doubt more with this one, I don't mind about weight gain it's people calling me fat and getting delight in seeing me get 'fat' that hurts! Even if secretly they did love it, I'd much rather hear "look at your bump" or "look how big you are" compared to "look how fat your getting"! It's not fat, it's a baby!! ( oh and in my case, a lot of chocolate!! Haha)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Newmum2012 View Post
    I tried to do this too, but like PP said, the use of the word "fat" makes it so much harder. My lovely lil sis posted a photo of me on her facebook with the caption "my beautiful fatty sis"... I've only put on 3kg

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by miss87 View Post
    I tried to do this too, but like PP said, the use of the word "fat" makes it so much harder. My lovely lil sis posted a photo of me on her facebook with the caption "my beautiful fatty sis"... I've only put on 3kg

Do we have the same sister???!!! Lol. My sister is exactly the same!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh my! My sister jumped on Duromine as soon as she found out I was expecting and now keeps trying to give me advice about keeping the weight down. My weight is still smaller than hers and I'm almost half term.
    I hate the tummy rubbing too! I've hidden inside for 3 months now but I have to venture out to a friends for her little girls bday tomorrow. She's already said she can't wait to rub my belly. Yuck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Candlewax View Post
    Oh my! My sister jumped on Duromine as soon as she found out I was expecting and now keeps trying to give me advice about keeping the weight down. My weight is still smaller than hers and I'm almost half term.
    I hate the tummy rubbing too! I've hidden inside for 3 months now but I have to venture out to a friends for her little girls bday tomorrow. She's already said she can't wait to rub my belly. Yuck!
    Omigosh is duromine even safe for bubs? A friend of mine was on it and called it and"legal speed"!

I HATE tummy rubs! Doesn't matter that there's a baby in there, its still a part of my body! Depending on the person, I either side step away from the hand, ask them not to touch (make up a BS excuse like I feel sick today) or rub their belly right back.