+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 34
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,424
    Thanks
    297
    Thanked
    183
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

    Default Weight gain comments... vent!

    So I do know that I am probably slightly overreacting, but pregnancy hormones will do that to you!

    I am already so very sick of people commenting on how excited they are at seeing me get ‘fat’! And not because they are excited about baby… just because apparently its funny! With DS I had put on 3kgs by 23weeks and was tiny til about 30weeks.. this time around I’ve already gained that at 10weeks!! Damn you easter and all your chocolatey goodness.

    I have a friend who is pregnant with her first who just sent me a text exclaiming how excited she is to ‘see this’ (the weight gain!), when really you cant tell to look (my start weight was 55, I’m now 58kg) but for some reason her comment stung!

    Another 30weeks of this is not going to be fun! Lucky chocolate will make me feel better! Ha!

    *typed as I devour another easter bunny!!!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    7,878
    Thanks
    3,397
    Thanked
    5,160
    Reviews
    8
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yeah not nice! Ignore it and embrace the changes, I had the same thing from 1 particular friend. It got old.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to babyla For This Useful Post:

    Uh-Oh  (10-04-2012)

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    848
    Thanks
    29
    Thanked
    79
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Uh-Oh View Post
    So I do know that I am probably slightly overreacting, but pregnancy hormones will do that to you!

    I am already so very sick of people commenting on how excited they are at seeing me get ‘fat’! And not because they are excited about baby… just because apparently its funny! With DS I had put on 3kgs by 23weeks and was tiny til about 30weeks.. this time around I’ve already gained that at 10weeks!! Damn you easter and all your chocolatey goodness.

    I have a friend who is pregnant with her first who just sent me a text exclaiming how excited she is to ‘see this’ (the weight gain!), when really you cant tell to look (my start weight was 55, I’m now 58kg) but for some reason her comment stung!

    Another 30weeks of this is not going to be fun! Lucky chocolate will make me feel better! Ha!

    *typed as I devour another easter bunny!!!
    I'm feeling the same ATM, before I was pregnant I was 45 now I'm 19weeks & 2days i am over 50, mostly tummy, bum & hips lol this is my second baby so I am just telling myself it's all for the baby

  5. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    441
    Thanks
    136
    Thanked
    113
    Reviews
    0
    When will people learn that it is never ok to comment on weight!! I have had people comment on how much weight I have put on ("oh you had better stop eating then" seriously!) and other people comment that I don't look 23 weeks (what so I look liek this normally do I?). Neither is ok because both make me feel like I am doing something wrong!! I know it is all well intentioned but still....

  6. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,424
    Thanks
    297
    Thanked
    183
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Artful View Post
    When will people learn that it is never ok to comment on weight!! I have had people comment on how much weight I have put on ("oh you had better stop eating then" seriously!) and other people comment that I don't look 23 weeks (what so I look liek this normally do I?). Neither is ok because both make me feel like I am doing something wrong!! I know it is all well intentioned but still....
    I know, right! With DS I actually got told there 'MUST be something wrong with the baby' because I was so small (or people thought I was too small!). My poor DH & Ob were constantly reassuring me.. looks like this time I am 'too big' or gained 'too much weight' for everyones idea of how I should be pregnant!

  7. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    405
    Thanks
    196
    Thanked
    82
    Reviews
    1
    My FIL asked me what cup size I was now when I was 30 weeks with DS :what:

  8. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,424
    Thanks
    297
    Thanked
    183
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Boost View Post
    My FIL asked me what cup size I was now when I was 30 weeks with DS :what:
    haha! I nearly spat out my soup reading that!!!

    Thats one thing I am more than happy for people to comment on (except male family members!). I am not normally very well endowed and had nothing til my milk came in with DS.. this time they are already bigger! Comment away peeps, I am loving my boobage!!

  9. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Home, where my life lies waiting, silently, for me.
    Posts
    8,990
    Thanks
    3,308
    Thanked
    1,659
    Reviews
    11
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    id say they are jealous that you are normally skinny, and are glad to see that you do gain weight
    ive been teasing my 'hideously overweight' sister as shes complaining how shes gone from a size 6 to a 10 since shes not modelling (im a size 18, without being pregnant)

  10. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,424
    Thanks
    297
    Thanked
    183
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by trishalishous View Post
    id say they are jealous that you are normally skinny, and are glad to see that you do gain weight
    ive been teasing my 'hideously overweight' sister as shes complaining how shes gone from a size 6 to a 10 since shes not modelling (im a size 18, without being pregnant)
    Lol, i must say if my sister had said it I wouldnt of minded as much, she sent me a text once she found out i was pregnant again saying she couldnt weight to be the skinny sister again! haha!

    Your are right tho, it probably is coming from a place of jealousy. I dont think normally I would mind but I am particulary hormonal and feeling 'pregnant' today. I guess if she had said "I cant wait to see your baby bump" it wouldnt be so bad but "I cant wait to see you fat".. not so nice! I'm thefirst one to admit that I am going to be WAY bigger with this one than i was with DS!

  11. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    405
    Thanks
    196
    Thanked
    82
    Reviews
    1
    One of DHs co-workers told me I was huge when I was very preg with DS and proceeded to call me 'pumba' for the rest of the conversation.

    I also hate that people think it's their right to touch your belly without asking .


 

Similar Threads

  1. Weight gain
    By Squeak4123 in forum IVF
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 29-07-2012, 19:21
  2. Weight gain during pregnancy....Not gaining weight.
    By maple in forum Pregnancy & Birth General Chat
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-03-2012, 22:06

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Bamboo Lulu
Super soft, fun prints & basics for baby, made from bamboo & organic cotton plus non-toxic wooden toys. • Hypoallergenic - perfect for eczema relief • Everything needed to shop for a baby shower • 10% off + FREE gift with purchase. Use code BUBHUB
sales & new stuffsee all
Bub Hub Sales Listing
HAVING A SALE? Let parents know about it with a Bub Hub Sales listing. Listings are featured on our well trafficked Sales Page + selected randomly to appear on EVERY page
featured supporter
KindyROO
KindyROO offers activities for babies & toddlers in a fun learning centre, focussing on developmental education. Classes are available at three Brisbane and two Gold Coast locations. Enrol today & help your child to reach their full potential. Visit the website to find out more.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!