+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Weight gain comments... vent!

So I do know that I am probably slightly overreacting, but pregnancy hormones will do that to you!

I am already so very sick of people commenting on how excited they are at seeing me get ‘fat’! And not because they are excited about baby… just because apparently its funny! With DS I had put on 3kgs by 23weeks and was tiny til about 30weeks.. this time around I’ve already gained that at 10weeks!! Damn you easter and all your chocolatey goodness.

I have a friend who is pregnant with her first who just sent me a text exclaiming how excited she is to ‘see this’ (the weight gain!), when really you cant tell to look (my start weight was 55, I’m now 58kg) but for some reason her comment stung!

Another 30weeks of this is not going to be fun! Lucky chocolate will make me feel better! Ha!

*typed as I devour another easter bunny!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yeah not nice! Ignore it and embrace the changes, I had the same thing from 1 particular friend. It got old.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to babyla For This Useful Post:

Uh-Oh  (10-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Uh-Oh View Post
    So I do know that I am probably slightly overreacting, but pregnancy hormones will do that to you!

I am already so very sick of people commenting on how excited they are at seeing me get ‘fat’! And not because they are excited about baby… just because apparently its funny! With DS I had put on 3kgs by 23weeks and was tiny til about 30weeks.. this time around I’ve already gained that at 10weeks!! Damn you easter and all your chocolatey goodness.

I have a friend who is pregnant with her first who just sent me a text exclaiming how excited she is to ‘see this’ (the weight gain!), when really you cant tell to look (my start weight was 55, I’m now 58kg) but for some reason her comment stung!

Another 30weeks of this is not going to be fun! Lucky chocolate will make me feel better! Ha!

*typed as I devour another easter bunny!!!
    I'm feeling the same ATM, before I was pregnant I was 45 now I'm 19weeks & 2days i am over 50, mostly tummy, bum & hips lol this is my second baby so I am just telling myself it's all for the baby

Thanks
    Reviews
    When will people learn that it is never ok to comment on weight!! I have had people comment on how much weight I have put on ("oh you had better stop eating then" seriously!) and other people comment that I don't look 23 weeks (what so I look liek this normally do I?). Neither is ok because both make me feel like I am doing something wrong!! I know it is all well intentioned but still....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Artful View Post
    When will people learn that it is never ok to comment on weight!! I have had people comment on how much weight I have put on ("oh you had better stop eating then" seriously!) and other people comment that I don't look 23 weeks (what so I look liek this normally do I?). Neither is ok because both make me feel like I am doing something wrong!! I know it is all well intentioned but still....
    I know, right! With DS I actually got told there 'MUST be something wrong with the baby' because I was so small (or people thought I was too small!). My poor DH & Ob were constantly reassuring me.. looks like this time I am 'too big' or gained 'too much weight' for everyones idea of how I should be pregnant!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My FIL asked me what cup size I was now when I was 30 weeks with DS :what:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Boost View Post
    My FIL asked me what cup size I was now when I was 30 weeks with DS :what:
    haha! I nearly spat out my soup reading that!!!

Thats one thing I am more than happy for people to comment on (except male family members!). I am not normally very well endowed and had nothing til my milk came in with DS.. this time they are already bigger! Comment away peeps, I am loving my boobage!!

Home, where my life lies waiting, silently, for me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    id say they are jealous that you are normally skinny, and are glad to see that you do gain weight
    ive been teasing my 'hideously overweight' sister as shes complaining how shes gone from a size 6 to a 10 since shes not modelling (im a size 18, without being pregnant)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by trishalishous View Post
    id say they are jealous that you are normally skinny, and are glad to see that you do gain weight
    ive been teasing my 'hideously overweight' sister as shes complaining how shes gone from a size 6 to a 10 since shes not modelling (im a size 18, without being pregnant)
    Lol, i must say if my sister had said it I wouldnt of minded as much, she sent me a text once she found out i was pregnant again saying she couldnt weight to be the skinny sister again! haha!

Your are right tho, it probably is coming from a place of jealousy. I dont think normally I would mind but I am particulary hormonal and feeling 'pregnant' today. I guess if she had said "I cant wait to see your baby bump" it wouldnt be so bad but "I cant wait to see you fat".. not so nice! I'm thefirst one to admit that I am going to be WAY bigger with this one than i was with DS!

Thanks
    Reviews
    One of DHs co-workers told me I was huge when I was very preg with DS and proceeded to call me 'pumba' for the rest of the conversation.

I also hate that people think it's their right to touch your belly without asking .