+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone.... its hard because I feel lik I should just trust his opinion but then I dont?

Quote Originally Posted by shinebrite View Post
    OP, this is YOUR body YOUR baby!! If your feeling apprehensive about this then do your research. You can ask for a scan to make sure your fluids are up and fine and keep going until BUBS is ready!!! Follow your mummy gut instincts!!!

I had the fluid scan and that was all fine as well!

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by shinebrite View Post
    OP, this is YOUR body YOUR baby!! If your feeling apprehensive about this then do your research. You can ask for a scan to make sure your fluids are up and fine and keep going until BUBS is ready!!! Follow your mummy gut instincts!!!

---------
    Mummie to
    Lucy Alys (July '06)
    Minnie Audrey (July '09)
    Pippi Violet (oct '11)
    I did this with my last babe, had a ctg and a check up on the Saturday and had bub on the Wednesday at 41+5 perfectly healthy and happy baby and mum

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I would just not show up. I'm not one for confrontation and wouldn't want to argue with the doctor, but wouldn't want to be induced either, so I'd just not show up, and when/if they called, I'd just be like "oh crap, I forgot..." hahaha

But seriously.. if you're not comfortable with it (and I wouldn't be) then don't do it.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to CazHazKidz For This Useful Post:

jacobsmamma  (10-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by CazGotHam View Post
    I would just not show up. I'm not one for confrontation and wouldn't want to argue with the doctor, but wouldn't want to be induced either, so I'd just not show up, and when/if they called, I'd just be like "oh crap, I forgot..." hahaha

But seriously.. if you're not comfortable with it (and I wouldn't be) then don't do it.
    This is what I would do too... I would feel too nervous to disagree with a doctor so I would just not show up, what can they do lol.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by CazGotHam View Post

This is what I would do too... I would feel too nervous to disagree with a doctor so I would just not show up, what can they do lol.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by miss87 View Post

Are you serious? i find that really sad that you don't feel you can voice your disagreement with a doctor.

It is the Obs responsibility to inform you of the risks and benefits and seek your informed consent. it doesn't sound like your ob has does that. i would be confused why he has booked an induction at all if things seem to be going fine and you aren't even post-dates.

if you still want to work with the ob, it would be better to leave a message saying that you will wait for baby and will not be attending the booked induction rather than just not show up - but not showing up is also a valid way of getting your message across.