+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    When i was 21 I had a bus side swipe my parked car, it was street parking and they were going around a meridian strip, a witness left the buses route number but not the actual bus number nor number plate, the police wanted nothing to do with it and when I called the bus depo they told me they don't keep track of who drives what bus!! I ended up claiming it on insurance but I was so annoyed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I've had someone smash my front window of my first car to get the dodgy stereo. Another car I had s truck back into the side and smash the whole side door, no note, the only reason we knew it was a truck was because the dent was so high up. Then last year I had someone bang into the back of my jaguar (it's an oldie) and move their car up to the next block - yeah cos then we couldn't match the paint colour.. Still haven't got it fixed..

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Someone swiped my mirror off once.

And left a note saying

"I wasn't going to leave a note, but someone saw me hit your car so I'm writing one."

That's all it said.

Furious!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to rainbow road For This Useful Post:

jacobsmamma  (10-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Last year 6 months after getting hail damage to our 1 month new car and just before it was finally going to get fixed someone put a boot into our side door. Not sure why but we assumed a random act of vandalism but it cost us in excess again!

On the people opening their door into other people's cars I have been in the passenger side when this guy was getting into the back of his parents Mercedes and he slammed his door into our car! He wasn't looking and clearly didn't expect someone to be there so I rolled my window down and told him and his family to be more careful and considerate. Got their licence plate too in case there was any damage but luckily there wasn't. So no people don't look and they dont care.

GrabbyCrabby is offline She is everything I need, that I never knew I wanted... She is everything I want, that I never knew I needed...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I parked my 5 day old car right up rhe back of the carpark, in a whole row to itself- to come back and find a white car had opened their door into my door panel hard enough to dent and leave paint. Grumble grumble...

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had an old cortina my first pride and joy went into the supermarket and came out and someone dented the panel at the lower front tyre under the indicator god know how it happened and it wasn't a small dent either no not was left of course so I didn't get it repaired I just couldn't afford it. Then in my next car I had a brick thrown through my rear windscreen drove it to the cop shop to report it nothing came of it though down $120 bucks though wasn't worth claiming on insurance.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've got a huge streak of bright green paint right down passenger side of my car where someone has hit it. There's also dings everywhere from car doors and trolleys. Really ****es me off because I look after my car, I've never had a at fault accident and there are some really inconsiderate pricks out there!

Savingfishfromdrowning is offline If you can't change your fate, change your attitude
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Someone keyed my car when I was parked in a hospital carpark. They did leave a note... an abusive one I will admit I was crooked, but within the lines, no need to vandalize my car and leave an abusive note. I was very unwell and pregnant and had spent 6 hours there seeing various doctors, so very unhappy to find that on my return.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well it wasn't me, but last week I was waiting for DH in the car with the kids at our local Coles. I saw a lady reverse her car out and slam into another parked car. She started driving away and was just going to leave! I jumped out of the car and banged on her window as she sped by so she stopped. I said 'you just hit a car!' she claimed she didn't know and while she left a note I took a pic of her number plate and car. Her note said something like 'please call me' and a mobile number. I left my own note explaining what had happened With my phone number and her number plate. I got a call that afternoon from the car owner thanking me profusely as the mobile number the idiot woman left was disconnected!! That was my good deed for the week

Veve is offline Assistant Forum Manager :)
    Winner 2007 - best signature
    Winner 2008/2009/ 2010- naughtiest mod

RG always has to save my butt <3
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    We had just bought a new car (back in .. oooh about 1999??) it was second hand, but it was the best car we had ever had .. we parked at a major shopping centre .. went to the movies .. came back out and the whole back driver's side passenger door was buckled in ..

you could clearly see what had happened - the person next to us had reversed out at too great an angle .. and had fully hit our back door .. then KEPT GOING which made more damage there was no note - and the damage was so bad that we couldn't open the back door at all .. it was bashed in with too great a force it cost us so much money to fix and we were both uni students with pathetic casual jobs back then

Jacobsmamma - I saw a similar thing - christmas time - hyped up yellow sportscar reversed out of a car park in front of me .. but went WAY too far and nudged a parked car on the other side (parked) .. he whole car heaved .. there is no WAY she could have not known .. but she just drove off!!! three of us (two walkers and myself in my car) saw the whole thing, got her number plate and left a note for the poor sod who was going to return to the car to find the front bumper all damaged

I know it costs money to fess up to the damage .. but far out - I dont know how people can bring themselves to just walk away and let someone else cop the bill for something that wasn't their fault??!!