+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default What damage have you had done to your car by strangers (who DIDN'T leave a note)?

A spin off from another thread...
    The only one I've had (aside from minor bumps in car parks that are barely noticeable), was last year when my front indicator light got cracked in a Bunnings car park by someone. Of course they didn't leave a note with their details and it cost me $160 to get it replaced. Not a huge amount of money for most, but I can think of much better things to spend $160 on than damage someone else caused to my car. Wasn't happy!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I have a dent in my back passenger door from someone's door opening and one in my rear quarter panel, from a supermarket trolly I think and it really peeve me off.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    bought a brand new car a while ago, and went to the local coles, and when i came out, i noticed, what seemed like a trolley had been slammed into the boot area at the back, cos the dent was massive... of course no note, nothing. i was so p!ssed off.

and as for the dents and little marks where people open their door onto mine, is astounding. i mean, don't people L@@K when they open their door?! I always make sure i park in the lines, and have even come back to not being able to get in the drivers side door cos some moron has parked so close. So over the passanger side I had to go.

Sometimes I think if i had a crappy old car 30 years old, nothing would happen to it. lol.
    Last edited by GlitterFarts; 09-04-2012 at 22:56.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a customer from work sideswipe my car when she tried to drive into the park in fornt of my car, she didn't tell me until later that day when she realised it was my car. I have a big ole bull bar on the front so it only left a small scrape in the paint, her car wasn't so lucky though.
    My brother in law had someone dent his back bumper all in and he didn't realise until he got home. Some dumbass didn't leave a note.

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I had someone from work (client, not colleague) do some nasty damage with a pair of keys...one of the negatives of my old job.

Other than that, I've had a fair few dents made from other car doors and lots of shopping trolley scratches.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ive had the whole side swiped from drivers door to boot in a car park. It can never be all fixed as they couldnt get a peice in to match the bit that goes around the wheel. I was so upset as it cost $600 for my excess and was 2 weeks before Christmas!!!
    My mums car got hit out the front of our house one night. It caused a lot of damage and the other cars front bumper was left behind number plate and all. When the police became involved the car was reported 'stolen' (8 hours after it happened). My mum had to pay excess to get her car fixed then sold it becase it kept having so many problems.

Sent from my LG-P920 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Our lovely black BMW got side swiped while at work by a white van. The passenger door was ruined. We knew who did it but couldn't prove it. It was so annoying.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have had someone scrape it while parking I assume, it was a white car and our car is black so pretty noticeable.
    Also open a car door onto our car leaving a big dint.
    Gee it ****es me off, its so incredibly rude it's not like a car isn't worth a lot of money

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    I had someone hit the back of my car (Dark blue his car was white) as he tried to park in a extra wide wheelchair car park. The funny thing is he stayed there so when I got back to my car I saw the damage to my car and his. I took photos and left him a note with my details and that I had photo and that I had contacted the police.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a dent on my car from some t0sser and a lot of car doors being open onto my car.