+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by erinn View Post
    MissKittyFantastico - meant to ask this of you yesterday - can you suggest any of these places online where you can buy the pear jam or any related failsafe items. So far I have found Hullabaloo Foods and that is about it. So any other suggestions would be marvelous if you wouldnt mind sharing?
    Oh sorry I missed this! The Allergy Train has some great products including jam.
    http://www.allergytrain.com.au/Store...1/Default.aspx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks so much!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yeah, thanks. We have been watching TV together and she is just coughing and coughing. So horrible.

Sounds like it would be easier to just take her own food. Probably 160b in the custard too.

There are tissue salt chewable tablets if things get really bad with no end in sight. They have one called Be Calm which calms them down and there is also one for pain & fever and cough & colds too. DD1 has the Be Calm ones when she is going to the dentist as she has a severe dentist phobia so bad that the dentist couldn't even look in her mouth. They work enough to get the job done. http://www.martinandpleasance.com/pr...erals-be-calm/ I have given one to DD2 at times and it works quite noticeably within 20mins.

Thanks
    Reviews
    thanks for this thread. yesterday i had a lightbulb moment. 3 days ago i had some carrot cake at a cafe. that night i had vomiting and the runs. yesterday, i had the same cake and the same reaction, just not as violent. what could have been in the cake to cause this? also, my dd (5) is complaining of belly ache.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm really loving this thread. We are 10 days into the fail safe diet and I was really noticing a behaviour change in dd. No meltdowns, generally less argumentative, a happier disposition and a small reduction in the hyperactivity. Other people were commenting also.

But when I picked her up from school yesterday, I could tell straight away she was off. She was stroppy, emotional and hyper. I was thinking it might be the start of the 'withdrawals', but have since found out she'd had a cupcake at school ( relief teacher forgot to give the alternative treat I'd provided for when kids bring in b'day cupcakes) and also that her dad had mistakenly given her a milky way. ( milky bars are failsafe, he got the 2 mixed up).

I was quite amazed 2 seemingly small things could produce such a reaction? Maybe coincidence? I was fairly sceptical about all this stuff before we started this, but I'm really starting to become very passionate about all the hidden crap in food. I really had thought we'd had a fairly healthy diet before with the occasional treat, but didn't realize how many additives, preservatives etc we were loading up on.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pianolady View Post
    thanks for this thread. yesterday i had a lightbulb moment. 3 days ago i had some carrot cake at a cafe. that night i had vomiting and the runs. yesterday, i had the same cake and the same reaction, just not as violent. what could have been in the cake to cause this? also, my dd (5) is complaining of belly ache.
    Hmmm, I'm not sure. I might be wrong but I think vomiting and the runs could be an intolerance to something. DD1 has belly aches which is connected to bread in some way. Not sure why but she can eat wholemeal with no problems (although she doesn't like it) and also has no problems with low-gi white bread but if I do normal white bread (which I only do if they have run out when I buy it) she will get a tummy ache if she has it any more than 2 days in a row.

Quote Originally Posted by maddysmama View Post
    I was quite amazed 2 seemingly small things could produce such a reaction? Maybe coincidence? I was fairly sceptical about all this stuff before we started this, but I'm really starting to become very passionate about all the hidden crap in food. I really had thought we'd had a fairly healthy diet before with the occasional treat, but didn't realize how many additives, preservatives etc we were loading up on.
    Yeah, same. I don't think it's a coincidence.

I can't remember which ones it was but depending on how the cupcake was made there could be the additives that can cause hyper behaviour. I went through my pantry and found a cupcake mix that had 2 of the numbers in it. Can't remember which ones they were now though.

We had a huge reaction just from 1/2 a wholemeal salad sandwich which we pressumed had 282 in it. So just 1 slice of bread! And that was with DD1 when she was 10yrs old!

I'm kind of kicking myself for not paying more attention years ago when we changed their bread and took msg out of their diet except for a tiny little bit of vegemite. (Have since stopped that much to DD2's horror) I have also taken out all the hyper type additives and the ones that can make asthma worse.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by misskittyfantastico View Post
    Oh sorry I missed this! The Allergy Train has some great products including jam.
    http://www.allergytrain.com.au/Store...1/Default.aspx
    Awesome thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    What a great thread! We went additive free last week and also stopped with tomatoes, citrus and other highly acidic food and milk.

DS doesn't have behavior problems, but has bad eczema that's not going away even though he's not having nuts or sesame seeds (his allergies).

Day 3-4 his eczema was really bad and now it looks like its drying away (but it's around his mouth do still gets irritated with any food touching it). Hopefully it'll go away because it's been over a year of constant eczema that only goes away temporarily when using cortisone :-(

I thought we were good and eating healthy but didn't realise that there are preservatives in things like balsamic vinegar - didn't even check those. Makes life difficult as we already don't have things with traces of nuts a d sesame seeds. I'm pretty much making everything from scratch now. Though I have to say it did give me a sense of accomplishment when I made tortillas from scratch and the beans and sauce for it it from scratch (we don't do canned food either)! It's like living in the 40s :-)

Is anyone else doing additive free for eczema? How's your experience? Did it help?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Ooh Jakes Mum I make tortillas too! Do you use maize flour?

Thanks
    Reviews
    have a look at the 'fed up' web page... http://fedup.com.au/ they are quite good... I hae used this and so have my friends... made a huge difference!!! and they can pin point the worse foods for certain behaiours etc... and even conditions like skin conditions, etc etc... good luck!