+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Refusing a bottle

Hi just wondering if someone can help I have to go back to work next month and my nub is 4mth she used to take a bottle with breast milk or formula but now won't take a bottle at all. I tried in a 4mth old sipper cup and got half a bottle in but not enough any thoughts on how to fix this child care is going to be extremely difficult otherwise

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Give her an empty bottle to play with as a toy. My son wouldn't take a bottle. I gave him an empty one. He chewed on the nipple most of the time and after a week we tried a bottle of milk again and he drank it. Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Some won't agree with this but what I did when my DD was 6months and wouldn't take a bottle i only offered the bottle through the day. It was hard she cried got bits of milk plus solid food. At night I fed her then did it again the next day and she took it.

From then it took about a week for her to fully take it and not want me at night either.
    I found it wasn't that she didn't want it, it was she found it hard to latch on to the bottle.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for your advise

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DD was taking the bottle fine, then I went back to work at 11 weeks. She refused the bottle and hasn't taken one since. I've tried every possible scenario, with every possible teat and she just will not take it. She's 7.5mnths old now, so if you find something let me know! Lol.
    I don't say it to be discouraging, but I've had to face, that eventually she'll drink from a cup like a big girl (which she's already interested in with water just not milk). Good luck