+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi all. My hubby and I are currently TTC. Have only been trying this month. Went off the pill in jan and only really started trying this month. Af showed up earlier this week so we'll give it another go soon!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks :-) hope keep positive and hopefully I will have heaps of good news to share.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Maybe it would be good to get to know each other a little better? If we're going to support each other through TTC I'd love to know a little bit more about you all!

So... Obviously don't answer some q's if you're not comfortable.

Married/single/ de facto?
    What state or city you live in:
    Work?
    Preference for boy or girl?
    Will you be finding out the gender?
    Nursery ideas:
    Baby products you have already got or have on your wish list:

And anything else you can think of that you'd like to share!

Thanks
    Reviews

First baby? Yes

Married/single/ de facto? Married for nearly three years

What state or city you live in: QLD

Work? I work full time for a not for profit organization

(new Q I just added!) Will you be a SAHM or returning back to work? Would love to be a SAHM but we wouldn't be able to pay our mortgage on DH's wage unfortunately. I will be going back to work after 6 or 7months. Baby will be cared for two days a week by grandma (the baby's grandma, not mine!) and will probably go to a Family day care educator who lives near us three days a week.

Preference for boy or girl? Doesnt matter! Would love to have a girl at some point, but we want four kids so if I haven't had one by number 3 we'll just try some gender swaying and see how we go!

Will you be finding out the gender? No, I'm very tempted but my DH really wants a surprise

Nursery ideas: neutral, soft sage green, white furniture - don't want a room that is too "baby" just because we don't have the budget to redecorate once the baby is older so want to create a room that is appropriate for a baby and then an older child. We'll decorate with thing like a mobile and pictures but nothing that will be permanent on the walls like murals or borders.

Baby products you have already got or have on your wish list: Bugaboo Cameleon!! Ergo carrier

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    *** edit I'm 27
    First baby? yes
    Married/single/ de facto? married- 18months (been together 8)
    Work?Yes
    SAHM/ RTW- I am fortunate the company that I work for has maternity leave and I will also be eligible for federal government and have long service and annual leave. At this stage we are planning for me to take the year off (as I will be able to be paid), then as DH works nights I will return to work full time (DH will also be FH) and we will share the care (1 day ea at least), along with a day or two at DH mums and maybe 1 day in childcare
    Preference for boy or girl? little girl
    Will you be finding out the gender? unsure at this stage, but I dont think i could wait
    Nursery ideas: classic, neutrals. also white furniture (going for a 3 in 1 cot)
    Baby products you have already got or have on your wish list: havent really got any baby stuff yet. ( I am going to the preg and baby expo in a few weeks so hope to pick up some stuff there) on wish list is Ergo carrier, Phil and Ted portable cot (for grandmas and we are also planning on doing some travelling when bub is 6 months), Medela Swing breast pump

And anything else you can think of that you'd like to share!
    Last edited by Plan2bamummy; 19-05-2012 at 13:15.

Thanks
    Reviews
    3 in 1 cot is what we like too. Boori Sleigh Royale *drool* ....

I've been looking at the expo too, it looks like fun!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    If you go on the website you can download free tickets

Thanks
    Reviews

First baby? Yes

Married/single/ de facto? Married 5 mths (together 6yrs)

Work? Full time Admin Officer

Will you be a SAHM or returning back to work? I want to stay home for 9mth - 1yr and then go back part time 3 days a week or something. Then go full time when they (hopefully will have two) are at school.

Preference for boy or girl? DH has a daughter to a previous relationship so a boy would be nice... then a girl

Will you be finding out the gender? Yes... I like to be organised and hate surprises lol..

Nursery ideas: Duck Egg Blue feature wall with woodland animal decals (a large tree as the feature).

Baby products you have already got or have on your wish list: Nothing yet.. going to the baby expo too in June with my sister who is due in a week.. Will get some ideas there

I love the Boori sleigh too justwant2beamummy...

Thanks
    Reviews
    I got my free ticket today Plan2beamummy...

Thanks
    Reviews
    First baby? Nope it will be #2, we have an almost 10 mth old DD
    Married/single/ de facto? Married 3.5 years
    What state or city you live in: NSW
    Work? No I am a SAHM. Originally planned to take a year maternity leave but recently resigned as couldn't handle the idea of going back to work and we are going to TTC anyway. Feel very fortunate to spend every day with my DD but do miss working a times.
    Preference for boy or girl? No preference. Think my DH would like a boy this time though!
    Will you be finding out the gender? Probably. We found out last time but kept it secret from everyone.
    Nursery ideas: depends on whether we have a boy/girl. If we have a girl they will have DD's furniture and room and we will decorate a big girl room for her. If we have a boy I would like grey blue walls and a jungle animal theme.
    Baby products you have already got or have on your wish list: I have most things but I do want an ergo!

I feel like the odd one out since this is baby #2 for us.