+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi and welcome!

Is anyone in this thread going to be gender swaying? We aren't, but I'm interested to see if it works for other people. I used to be so set on a girl, but I honestly don't care now. I would like to experience at least one of each at some point, though (in a perfect world!!).

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'll be trying to conceive in June... Very excited! This will be our first month TTC.
    I will be ovulating around 15/16th June. I have been currently using a Clear Blue Fertility Monitor (purchased from overseas) to track my cycle and it's very easy to use
    I have also just started acupuncture and have an appointment booked for the 13th June and massage booked for the 14th June (to relax me).
    Also just looking around for fertility diets to put myself on. Don't be scared to hear the word diet, I just want to make sure I'm giving my body and my bub the best start so want to find out best foods to eat etc.
    Any suggestions?

Babydust for everyone xx
    Last edited by OrganizedMummy; 17-05-2012 at 11:09.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes would love a girl, so any suggestions on diet for a girl (or other tips and tricks)?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Chumly View Post
    Hi!

I might join you guys if that's ok?! I'm hoping to TTC from June, skip a month (to allow for my sisters wedding in April) and back to it aug. I have a 9 mth old DS, and I'm also in Brisbane and had him at the mater, they're great there.

Congrats PITNB!!
    I too have to skip the month of August for my sisters wedding in April! It sucks
    But can't have it due around then! Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi!
    We will be ttc #2 from august.
    We would have liked to start earlier but my brother is getting married next month and my dh brother will be getting married in Fiji in August!
    I wil be going back to work July this year
    So the quicker we conceive the quicker I can stay home again!!

I was lucky with the first one, got pregnant the first month of trying which was awesome since I was always told that I will have problems due to very bad pcos.

I have the copper iud so will be removing in july. Depending on when ovulation is I will be trying from august as long as there is no possibility of me being pg while drinking in fiji!

Hope to be sharing some good news with you in the next few months!

Sent from my MotoA953 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Okay, I know I've just posted 4 posts in a row, but I'm very excited I found a group of ppl going through the same thing as me
    I thought I'd mention a few things - and by the end of it, you will realise why I have used the nickname "organizedmummy". This could also be used as a checklist for a few of you
    I had all my immunisations completed beginning if last year.
    I made sure my private health insurance covered birth and the waiting period is over.
    I have not had a sip of alcohol or coffee since March last year.
    (or had mcdonalds)
    I started seeing a nutritionist beginning of this year and she put both my husband and I on vitamins (and we have been taking them daily since).
    I have chosen my hospital and gone and had a tour and asked all relevant questions.
    I have chosen my Obstetrician (excuse my spelling if it's incorrect)
    And have had 2 appointments with him and had all my blood checked and gotten the all clear.
    I have been to the dentist and had a check up (as it's recommended not to have xrays whilst pregnant)
    And I have been following my cycle using the Clearblue digital fertility monitor for the last 4 months.
    I have also just started seeing an acupuncturist.

So there you have it... I'm a little OCD when it comes to bring organised

Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by OrganizedMummy View Post
    Okay, I know I've just posted 4 posts in a row, but I'm very excited I found a group of ppl going through the same thing as me
    I thought I'd mention a few things - and by the end of it, you will realise why I have used the nickname "organizedmummy". This could also be used as a checklist for a few of you
    I had all my immunisations completed beginning if last year.
    I made sure my private health insurance covered birth and the waiting period is over.
    I have not had a sip of alcohol or coffee since March last year.
    (or had mcdonalds)
    I started seeing a nutritionist beginning of this year and she put both my husband and I on vitamins (and we have been taking them daily since).
    I have chosen my hospital and gone and had a tour and asked all relevant questions.
    I have chosen my Obstetrician (excuse my spelling if it's incorrect)
    And have had 2 appointments with him and had all my blood checked and gotten the all clear.
    I have been to the dentist and had a check up (as it's recommended not to have xrays whilst pregnant)
    And I have been following my cycle using the Clearblue digital fertility monitor for the last 4 months.
    I have also just started seeing an acupuncturist.

So there you have it... I'm a little OCD when it comes to bring organised

Xx
    Hehe! Love it. I'm not quite as organized as you, but nearly!

I haven't completely cut out junk food, coffee and alcohol, but to be honest I don't have those things much. I should probably completely cut them out of my diet now.

Love acupuncture!

Where are all you ladies from? I'm in Brisbane. We've had a look at the Mater Mothers and like the look of it.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Justwant2beamummy For This Useful Post:

OrganizedMummy  (17-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by OrganizedMummy View Post
    Yes would love a girl, so any suggestions on diet for a girl (or other tips and tricks)?
    I'm not sure about diet but I know TTC two (I think) days out from ovulation rather than the day of ovulation sways for a girl. The theory is that male sperm are quicker, but don't live as long. They are less likely to survive the two days while waiting for the egg.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by PinkIsTheNewBlack View Post
    Hi yes this will b my first... Just came home from a baby shower so an even more clucky!

I am on calcium and magnesium, elevit and cranberry (last one is just to try for a girl)... Hubby is on menevit
    Cranberry for a girl? Is it juice or vitamins?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Can I join in? I have a 9.5 month old DD and we are looking to start TTC #2 in July. It took us 4 cycles last time so hopefully I might be pregnant by the end of this year. I hope to be a bit more relaxed this time around but I am trying to prepare my body to give the next baby a good start. I am taking folate again and hitting the gym. I am not a big drinker of alcohol or caffeine but I will cut out alcohol all together once we start trying .