+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Im on my third cycle of ttc. I dont seem to have any ewcm either but this this on day 13, 14 and 15 i got really sore boobs then it suddenly went away. Ive looked it up since then and im sure it means i ovulated because its the rise of oestrogen at ovulation that causes sire boobs. Then some people get the pms sore breasts which is the progersterone levels before af

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Justwant2beamummy View Post
    I've never had a positive opk, so don't take it as an absolute!
    I just got a pos OPK!! So now we'll just have to DTD and For a BFP! A temp rise over the next couple of days should confirm O!!
    Lets hope this cycle is the one for us...we would be pretty much due at the same time

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm finally in here...went off pill last week. Felt like a bold move after spending most of my young female years avoiding pregnancy!

I'm 33 & been on the pill for 13 years, so have no idea what to expect. My plan is to not stress & just see what happens. Could take a while for my body to get its groove again after all this time.

Does anyone take just a folate supplement? I have high iron levels so don't want to take anything containing extra iron, as all the pregnancy vitamins seem to do.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Falkor View Post
    I'm finally in here...went off pill last week. Felt like a bold move after spending most of my young female years avoiding pregnancy!

I'm 33 & been on the pill for 13 years, so have no idea what to expect. My plan is to not stress & just see what happens. Could take a while for my body to get its groove again after all this time.

Does anyone take just a folate supplement? I have high iron levels so don't want to take anything containing extra iron, as all the pregnancy vitamins seem to do.
    Good luck with ttc. Hopefully it happens quickly.

My dr told me that pre pregnancy vitamins are a waste of money and just to take folate or fefol (which contains iron so you wouldn't need). Then when I spoke to pharmacist, they said to take the pre pregnancy ones. Maybe talk to your dr and see what they say

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Falkor View Post

Welcome Falkor! I agree it is very strange "trying" to get pregnant after avoiding it for so long.
    I am 32, turning 33 in Novomber and DH & I are also just starting our TTC journey. This is cycle 2 of TTC. Cycle 1 my plan was to relax and enjoy but by cycle 2 I am temping and using OPK's !! I am still feeling very relaxed and excited about it all though.
    I am using a folate and 'fusion health multivitamin & mineral advanced' with no iron (I just get too constipated with iron supplements-sorry TMI!).
    Good luck and I hope your time in the TTC section is short and sweet

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi everyone!

A quick question, not sure if you can help. My temping chart indicates that I ovulated on day 13.. But I didn't get any ewcm until that day (had none leading up to it) and I could feel my cervix was open on day 17, with lots of ewcm.

So I know that progesterone controls the temperature, and estrogen controls mucus and cervix... So.. What happens when these two things don't add up??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Excited! I'm getting cramping, which I am hoping means I am either ovulating or AF is about to show!
    (For those people who may not know I am desperatly awaiting the arrival of AF after having my first bub in August last year)
    We are not quite at the time we want to start TTC and I still have to convince DH, but I am so excited my body might be getting back into the swing of things!

Kyleoe and falkor when we first started to TTC it felt werid and stressy and nevous but as the cycles went past it turned into the best sex ever!

Justwant2beamummy, I have no idea what it means, but I am courious how did you feel your cervix open? and another dumb question, what is ewcm?

have fun everyone!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Trio For This Useful Post:

Kyleoe  (21-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Justwant2beamummy View Post
    Hi everyone!

A quick question, not sure if you can help. My temping chart indicates that I ovulated on day 13.. But I didn't get any ewcm until that day (had none leading up to it) and I could feel my cervix was open on day 17, with lots of ewcm.

So I know that progesterone controls the temperature, and estrogen controls mucus and cervix... So.. What happens when these two things don't add up??
    You should go with whatever the temps indicate. As per FF, a sustained shift in BBT is the only way to confirm that ovulation had happened.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ExcuseMyFrench For This Useful Post:

Justwant2beamummy  (20-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Trio View Post
    Excited! I'm getting cramping, which I am hoping means I am either ovulating or AF is about to show!
    (For those people who may not know I am desperatly awaiting the arrival of AF after having my first bub in August last year)
    We are not quite at the time we want to start TTC and I still have to convince DH, but I am so excited my body might be getting back into the swing of things!

Kyleoe and falkor when we first started to TTC it felt werid and stressy and nevous but as the cycles went past it turned into the best sex ever!

Justwant2beamummy, I have no idea what it means, but I am courious how did you feel your cervix open? and another dumb question, what is ewcm?

have fun everyone!
    Ewcm = egg white cervical mucus. The clear, stringy fertile mucus that sperm find most friendly!

Im not sure if it's the same for everyone, but I can feel a definite dip in my cervix when it's open. Kind of like a mini donut I guess, haha. Not big enough to put a finger into, but I can definitely tell the difference. Can anyone else?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lili81 View Post
    You should go with whatever the temps indicate. As per FF, a sustained shift in BBT is the only way to confirm that ovulation had happened.
    Thanks Lili, I'll go with the temp! This might be where pre-seed comes in handing if my cm isn't matching ovulation time.