+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 211
  1. #131
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    191
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked
    24
    Reviews
    0
    I'm going to the movies tomorrow night to watch it :-)) cant wait!! Yes the waiting is awful!! Google doesn't help lol

  2. #132
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    5,848
    Thanks
    2,917
    Thanked
    1,629
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bon000000 View Post
    I'm going to the movies tomorrow night to watch it :-)) cant wait!! Yes the waiting is awful!! Google doesn't help lol
    I google so much pregnancy related stuff. Mostly early symptoms. I was watching tv last night and my heart started racing and pounding really hard. Resting pulse was 100. I thought that was weird, it's never happened before. I google it, and racing heart can be a sign of early pregnancy. Here's hoping. Pulse has been about 85 today, still higher than normal. I'd like to think I couldn't imagine a symptom that I didn't even know was a symptom. This TWW is doing my head in. Can't wait til I can test.

  3. #133
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    232
    Thanks
    18
    Thanked
    65
    Reviews
    11


    Hi Guys! It's my first post here. I'm so new to all of this (including the forum)... I hope that there is room for one more!

    I've been reading for a few days just trying to get a grip on all the lingo used by members! I think I finally can understand most things!

    Age - I'm 28 and DH is 29

    First baby - Yep. Hubby has wanted a family for years. He loves the idea of children. I am finally getting sort of excited and starting to feel ready!

    Relationship status - Married since October 2009. Together 12 years.

    Location - Country Vic

    Work - Work from home at the moment!

    SAHM/RTW - I'll never stop the work I do from home because it pays too well for the hours I do! As long as things don't change I'll have the luxury of not having to return to work.

    Preference - None really. I grew up in a family full of girls so I understand girls more... but no serious preference either way. Hubby wants a boy!

    Finding out gender - Not sure. Not something that I have really considered!

    Wish list - No idea!!!!!

    Short history - My mum never really wanted to start having kids. When she found out she was pregnant she says she cried for 9 months!... but ever since she brought me into this world she has loved me more than life itself.

    I always thought I'd be like mum... and have to fall pregnant by accident! but I think I'm finally ready. It has taken a long time for this!

    I finished the pill about 8 days ago & tossed the last script. Why didn't I think about changing my private health insurance sooner?

  4. #134
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    5,848
    Thanks
    2,917
    Thanked
    1,629
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Welcome CountryLovin. Good luck with ttc. Hopefully your body doesn't take too long to get back to normal after the pill.

  5. #135
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    72
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    9
    Reviews
    0
    I'm a bit annoyed at myself!

    I've had private health cover for years, and thought that I had obstetrics cover (because you just never know), but it turns out I didn't. So I got it added mid April 2012.

    We were planning on starting TTC in July, but if we got pregnant straight away then I may not qualify for the private health insurance (because its a 12 month waiting period). In some ways I think we're paying all this money for PHI so maybe we should just wait one extra month to start TTC, but then I think what if we missed out July and then didn't get pregnant for ages, I may think that "what if" about in July and would be kicking myself for it.

    I know there is nothing wrong with having your baby at a public hospital, I guess its more that we're paying for PHI so should use it. Ahhh!

  6. #136
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    984
    Thanks
    238
    Thanked
    313
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CD84 View Post
    I'm a bit annoyed at myself!

    I've had private health cover for years, and thought that I had obstetrics cover (because you just never know), but it turns out I didn't. So I got it added mid April 2012.

    We were planning on starting TTC in July, but if we got pregnant straight away then I may not qualify for the private health insurance (because its a 12 month waiting period). In some ways I think we're paying all this money for PHI so maybe we should just wait one extra month to start TTC, but then I think what if we missed out July and then didn't get pregnant for ages, I may think that "what if" about in July and would be kicking myself for it.

    I know there is nothing wrong with having your baby at a public hospital, I guess its more that we're paying for PHI so should use it. Ahhh!
    What would the gap be if you did use your PHI? We have friends who have PHI, but when it came to having their baby the gap was still going to be fairly significant so they went public in the end anyway.

  7. #137
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    191
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked
    24
    Reviews
    0
    Welcome Countrylovin Good luck ttc...

    Lil Smurfy you dont have long to wait now.. When are you going to test?

    I heard the same about PHI justwant2beamummy so i didn't bother. I booked into a birthing centre (before the missed miscarriage) which have beautiful big rooms with massive birthing pools in the rooms and its all paid by medicare.. You have to get in early but they are definatly worth a look.

  8. #138
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    675
    Thanks
    22
    Thanked
    119
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    CD84 - that would be tough. I have PHI and loved my ob and hospital I went to for my DD. We ended up having to pay about $2000 out of pocket after medicare rebates for ob mgt fees and scans etc but didn't pay any excess for the actual hospital stay. We are going to use the same ob next time. That said I have friends who have gone through the public system and had great experiences too. Perhaps try and do some research on your local hospitals before making a decision about TTC in July just to make you more comfortable with your decision.

    AFM: I am still waiting for AF (still breast feeding so not very regular cycles yet) feel a bit down because unsure my body will be ready to TTC in July. I have never been so keen for AF in my life!

  9. #139
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    5,848
    Thanks
    2,917
    Thanked
    1,629
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I got PHI last September so I was covered when we had a baby. Looking into it now, I'm not sure that the out of pocket expenses are worth it. We'll have to decide public or private once we get our BFP

    AF is due sometime between tomorrow and Tuesday. I'm so hoping it doesn't come. I'm going away for the weekend. Might test Saturday before we go (if AF doesn't come before then) and if that's BFN, I'll test again Monday when we get home. Saturday I'll only be 9 dpo, so not expecting it to be +ve.

  10. #140
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    675
    Thanks
    22
    Thanked
    119
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil Smurfy View Post
    I got PHI last September so I was covered when we had a baby. Looking into it now, I'm not sure that the out of pocket expenses are worth it. We'll have to decide public or private once we get our BFP

    AF is due sometime between tomorrow and Tuesday. I'm so hoping it doesn't come. I'm going away for the weekend. Might test Saturday before we go (if AF doesn't come before then) and if that's BFN, I'll test again Monday when we get home. Saturday I'll only be 9 dpo, so not expecting it to be +ve.
    Good luck! I will keep my fingers crossed for you.


 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Einsteinz Music
Make music at Einsteinz Music in age-appropriate class in Sydney's Inner West, Eastern Suburbs or North Shore. For ages 6 mths - 4 yrs. All music is live! Christmas Gift certificates available for full term or casual classes. Call 0431 338 143
sales & new stuffsee all
CarmelsBeautySecrets
Growing your own natural nails is easy. Years ago, I devised a simple and very effective technique which really helps boosts the nails' growth in as little as three days! And most importantly keeps them that way.
featured supporter
HuggleBib
The HuggleBib is not "just another" baby bib. Sure, your child may be a messy eater who gets more food ON them rather than IN them, so you dread cleaning after feeding times! Well the HuggleBib is THE best solution to help with all these daily tasks!
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!