+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Pregnant 5 days before my period? Is it possible?

Hi,
    Me and my BF decided we were ready to start a family. We had unprotected sex 5 days before my period was due and ever since I have had that dragging pain in my lower abdomen (uterus area).
    I have been pregnant before (that ended in a miscarriage) So i know the abdominal/uterine pain you get!.
    However I started bleeding (brown blood) on the day my period was due (7th). It is nothing like my usual period which is painful and cramps etc. Since then I have had minor amounts of red blood. I still have the pregnancy like cramps and feel as if there is something there.
    Could it be implantation bleeding? could it still be a period and still be pregnant? Anyone become pregnant quite soon before their period?
    I didnt actually think we would get pregnant that soon before a period but I have heard it is possible if you ovulate late.
    I will wait until the bleeding stops before I take a HPT which should be about 10-11 days after potential conception.
    Hope there are some others that have experienced this!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Highly unlikely but not unheard of. Honestly, I doubt you are pregnant. Ive just gone through the same thing myself and hoped and hoped, but no, it turned into a real period. Maybe next month aye?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    God knows I was a POAS (pee on a stick) addict, sounds like you could be too. I highly recommend 'investing' in some cheap tests from eBay so you can test till your hearts content

Honestly. Sounds a bit like wishful thinking. But the only way to know is POAS.

Good luck! And congratulations on the decision to start a family! I wish you an easy conception, smooth pregnancy and beautiful healthy baby.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    It's possible but quite unlikely.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm an example of the 'rare' chance that it happens... We only DTD once in a month period which was two days before my period was due - given the timing I thought we'd be fine without protection... what do you know, my gorgeous 20 month old is proof that sometimes you can ovulate late/ovulate twice in a month...
    In your circumstance the only way to tell is to POAS.... Good luck with your conception journey!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Juzz For This Useful Post:

DCB  (09-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you all for replying!
    Juzz - did you end up having a period after conceiving?? when did you realise you were pregnant, also how did you estimate your due date?. Sorry for all the questions!
    Boobycino - I feel the addiction maybe coming on since I had to stop myself from buying POAS tests at the chemist today! I think I will be going back in a few days though
    Do the internet tests work though? or are they more for fun

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by DCB View Post
    Thank you all for replying!
    Juzz - did you end up having a period after conceiving?? when did you realise you were pregnant, also how did you estimate your due date?. Sorry for all the questions!
    I didn't have a proper period, just some light spotting. A week after my 'proper' period didn't come, I POAS then had to ring a girlfriend because I got the feintest of positives, so needed help deciphering what it meant! With my due date, my obs keep going off my LMP date, despite me insisting that I knew when I conceived and it was effectively two weeks later.... It wasn't until my 10 week dating scan when bubs was 'a bit behind' that he changed my due date - which was pretty disheartening to have to do weeks 9 & 10 pregnant again! 

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    For my pregnancy the Internet ones came out darker earlier than the chemist one and seeing as the baby just spewed on my shoulder I'd say they were accurate

I had a positive pregnancy test on eBay cheapies 4-5 days before my period was due.

Thanks
    Reviews
    A big difference in spotting and a period are the clumps. If you have not seen any clumps you could be pregnant. But if you've already seen them, I'm sorry but that would be a normal period without a pregnancy. Anyway good luck