• Don't mind it

19 45.24%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SassyMummy View Post
    I think it's a bit weird. Kinda like dressing siblings all the same. A bit cutesy and lacks individualism. Just a bit strange.
    Strange? What if it's a family tradition?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Personally I wouldn't do it but I know that it is done and I think nothing of it. However if you have anymore kids you might have to keep it going, otherwise it might look strange.

babalooba is offline Being a brother is better than being a superhero
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by zombiekitty View Post
    Strange? What if it's a family tradition?
    Second that Zombie. Both my boys have 2 middle names, they each have one of their own and one family middle name eg Orenzo Richard and Pasquale Richard. Richard is a very special family middle name, all the men in my family have it including my brother, dad, pop, great grandfather. Any other boy I have will have the same. Not strange, special

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I don't think anything of it. I assume there's a meaning behind the name that is used and that is special and meaningful to the family using it.

Also it is easy to say that there are enough names to choose from but we certainly struggled to find names for our kids and we didn't even bother with middle names! Three single names that we could both agree on = one of the hardest things ever!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not a fan, unless its a custom/tradition.

I like my kids to have their 'own' name. I didnt use our original middle name for DS because SIL used it for her DS who was born 4 months before ours.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My husband and his brothers and sisters all have the same middle name: his mother's maiden name. She was one of 4 sisters and the name would have died out with them. We gave our daughter the same middle name. I'm unsure if we will do the same for our next - I would like something from my side of the family; perhaps my father's Christian name - even if we have a daughter the male name would work as it is also a common surname.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DF has said he would like any boys we have to take his middle name - which his brother, father and grandfather share (mabye more relations - I'm not sure).
    I've agreed to this as I'm sure he'll give me the final say on all the other names anyway!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have given our 3 children all the same middle name. I thought it was a little odd at first, but now don't care. I wanted them to have a name from my side as I am from all girls and all our names will be gone. Out of all my immediate siblings/mum/grandma, my middle name was by far the nicest and really suits a middle name. If we had/have a boy, it would've had my maiden name as a middle name. My maiden name is/can be used as a first/middle name. In DH's family, his brother has a few sons to carry on their family name.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I couldn't care less... But, I have to day, I'd NEVER heard of this being done before now.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I wouldnt do it,,but I have a friend who has done it,and I do not see a problem with it.Each to their own...