+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eko View Post
    I know someone that's rather narcissistic and is completely convinced that the only reason that DH and I had a baby was because she and her DH were .
    If I'm honest it was a big part of the reason we didn't start ttc again earlier, because she's currently utd and would run around telling everyone that we were just having a baby because they are.
    Again.
    That's probably your 'friends' problem. She's probably focused on herself and cranky that you're 'stealing her thunder'. I say do what I did and ignore it. Get on with your own life. After all, if she IS cranky because you're having a baby at the same time as her she probably should get over it. There's millions of women pregnant at the same time as anyone else in the world. We aren't special and individual because someone else's genetic code me up with ours! Lol.
    Yeh it's just strange cause the first time we were pregnant together, it was great & we went baby shopping together etc, just not sure what's happened this time. I never thought she got pg on purpose just because i was (hope she dosen't think that) lol Oh well

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have No idea why this happens. It Happened to me too. I only see 1 friend from pre baby days and not often. I recently 'broke up' with a friend as she hadnt made the effort to meet my baby yet and my baby is 5 in June :-(

I guess it's true you just grow apart and people and there values and what's important changes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think it's because without realizing all we talk about is babies . I'm only pregnant and I find all I have to talk about is babies and kids . I drive myself crazy ... Can't imagine what others feel like !!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Mummies and Mummies To Be
    In a way im glad im not the only one that it has happened to (sadly)
    i know i have changed and im all about my DS but i would still message them asking them how they are and wouldnt mention my DS but they would never ask about me. I have a great fiance who for my birthday said he would baby sit and book me a penthouse suite at the crown and could invite 5 friends. needless to say we spent my bday on the couch watching movies and in bed by 10pm. i dont even have 1 friend i could of invited. its just very depressing that i dont have any friends i can sit back with and talk to and have them interested in my son or talk baby/toddler talk. I know i need to find friends my age with children but i find it so hard and dunno what to do cause seems like they dont like me. Im 115kg and very very low self confidence. but i am trying to get back my self confidence and lose the weight.
    but thank you to you all!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was pregnant and married at 20..... I just realized that I really only talk to two girls that I went to school with.... One has always been my bestie but even we have grown apart due to me having two kids and her living overseas....

Thanks
    Reviews
    I feel your pain OP (and many of the other posters too)

I moved down to Melbourne 5 years ago, knowing 2 people. 1 - my 'best friend' and 1 - my now DH. I've since fallen out with the friend, so its really just DD and I now as DH works. I mean, I have my neighbours, but not any 'close' friends I can just call or pop round and visit. I tried mothers group and that was an epic fail.

I have weight issues and can't just 'put myself out there' and meet new people, so group environments scare me! I've now decided that im going to put DD in crèche 1 day a week as she is really missing out cause her mother sucks at meeting people

It really sucks, and some days are harder than others... not to mention I'm going thru my 2nd pregnancy all but alone again...

Thanks
    Reviews
    If child care didnt cost so much i would have DS in so that he can make friends and i would be able to make friends with other mummies but we cant afford it at all. (saving for house and bub no 2).
    Stretch i dunno how you could do it being pregnant and alone. your a strong woman.
    i feel like going to parents house thats 2 hours away just so i can talk to my parents and sisters but they dont have time or room for me and DS

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm exactly the same. Dh works , so it's dd and I most of the time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Hokey Pokey View Post
    Same happened to us, first at 15, second at 19, third at 23/4.
    People without kids just don't understand..
    I don't have any friends either and hope that this will change when bubs comes along.

My best friend had her child about 2 years ago and i was there for her throughout her pregnancy buying her breakfast most mornings, listening to her talk about her stages of pregnancy etc. When I told her I was pregnant, she went cold on me as well. While everyone else around me is excited, she isn't and I get the feeling she thinks we are having a child because she has as well.

Very odd and I can't understand it either. Needless to say I've gotten tired of making excuses for her insensitivity and constant snappy-ness. I've tried to resurrect this friendship many times but it hasn't worked.

i guess you're not the only one. it's all daunting thinking about the next stage of life.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Exactly the same as me! People suck lol I'm here to chat anytime keepleft@live.com