+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Children deserve financial support. As someone in this position, it really is a tough topic. But then, the sex offender parent is afforded no rights to the child as he is seen as dangerous. He also pays no child support which forces the child to miss out on things her peers take for granted.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    A victim of rape should not be forced to be financially responsible for any child that results from the rape.
    If they choose to be, fine, but they shouldn't be forced.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to zombiekitty For This Useful Post:

singlemumma82  (10-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    So do you think in cases where CS is unattainable, the government should give more? The case in question was statutory rape, and they were going for custody and taking legal action against the rapist. It was in america, but here there is no way the mother would have had much time with the child, therefore it would not even happen. He only had to pay $50/month and only until he got custody.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by share a book View Post
    So do you think in cases where CS is unattainable, the government should give more?
    No. No one forces anyone to keep the child.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to zombiekitty For This Useful Post:

singlemumma82  (10-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    This would be the same as forcing the woman to keep the baby and be a parent because the man wants the baby if they don't want to then they should not have to be a parent

Thanks
    Reviews
    Rape victims should not be forced to
    pay cs. However, the case which we are referring to there is a child who is also a victim.
    A child resulting from a sexual assault should not be disadvantaged financially. I think in these types of cases there should be some help in lieu of child support. We have victims of crime who receive financial assistance for all sorts if things, I don't believe this is different.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by zombiekitty View Post
    No. No one forces anyone to keep the child.
    This is the type of comment I take personally. So because I chose to keep the child, we deserve to face financial hardship.

I believe the child in these cases, if kept, would be raised by the victim.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by share a book View Post
    This is the type of comment I take personally. So because I chose to keep the child, we deserve to face financial hardship.

I believe the child in these cases, if kept, would be raised by the victim.
    I agree with you. A rape victim and the resulting child deserve financial
    assistance. They weren't afforded true choice after being sexually assaulted. Deciding to keep a child is irrelevant to the discussion. A crime has been committed and they deserve compensation.
    Last edited by babyla; 10-04-2012 at 11:19.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by babyla View Post
    I agree with you. A rape victim and the resulting child deserve financial
    assistance. They weren't afforded true choice after being sexually assaulted. Deciding to keep a child is irrelevant to the discussion. A crime has been committed and they deserve compensation.
    This is where I don't get it. A child produced as the result of rape, if living with the victim, deserves financial support. The same child, if living with the parent who committed the crime, deserves to not be financially supported. How is it the child's fault?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to share a book For This Useful Post:

Deserama  (10-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Part of the problem is that child support, whilst it is supposed to be for the child, is not paid to the child, but the parent.

If it were paid to the child instead of the parent then it would be less distasteful. As legal guardian, the custodial parent would of course have access to the child's money, but at least it is not being given directly to the other parent.