+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Flying with Pets?

Hi ladies.. Im wanting to fly with a dog in about 2 weeks, just wondering if anyone has experience with this/knows how much it costs? My ticket is already booked, the dog will be on the same flight if that helps, and only a puppy sized dog...

Thanks in advance!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi, yes I've flown with 2 dogs from Perth to Melbourne no problem at all. I can't remember how much it was though to be honest sorry!! If you google it though there are several companies that organize it.

We were at the boarding gate watching the planes when all of a sudden our dogs went by in a crate in the luggage trolley!! We watched as they were loaded in to the back, pretty funny but also freaky. They looked so small out on the tarmac!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Pesca... how was it organised? Ie where do you drops the dogs at the airport and collect them from? I never see any in the normal baggage areas etc..

GrabbyCrabby is offline She is everything I need, that I never knew I wanted... She is everything I want, that I never knew I needed...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Google the number for Jet Pets, they can organise the whole lot, crate, flights etc. I used them last year to send a pet bird, and they were very helpful. I had to drop him off at Australian Air Express, and collected from them at the other end.

Thanks
    Reviews
    What airline are you flying?
    Virgin you can take pets with you (drop off and pick up from freight centre) and it is so much cheaper than using a pet travel company. They have the info in their website, but you are supposed to book your pet at the same time as your ticket. We paid about $150 to bring our 2 cats from Syd to Perth, jet pets quoted over $300 each.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks gals im flying with qantas - and the purchasing of a pup was an after thought... One of our dogs died after i booked my tix, and you cant get the breed i want in the crumby little town i live in, so i thought since im going to sydney anyway ill try to bring one back with me

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    From what i have googled it looks as though i may be able to book directly through australian air express, and save paying jet pets to do not a lot at all??

Thanks
    Reviews
    We travel with out 2 jack russells from Canberra to Perth and back all the time. Ring qantas and book the dog in. They need to know before the flight to make sure they have room in the cargo hold.

Do you have your own airline approved container? If not you can hire them through dogtainers.

Depending on where you are flying from how they are dropped off differs. As Perth has quarantine restrictions, dogs aren't allowed in the terminal so you drop them off at australian air express who charge a fee depending on the size of the container (2yrs ago it was $75 for a medium one). If you were flying from Sydney you just check them in like a bag - although this may have changed with the new bag check system and lack of check in staff. There is pretty detailed info on the qantas website on what to do but definitely call them ASAP and book the dog in!

No need to use jet pets.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I've flown my 2 dogs a few times and always use jet pets.
    They are wonderful

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ahh dogtainers! I was trying to think of thr name if that company! Thank you! have filled in an online quote form, hopefully not too exey and they can book her on!