+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chew the Mintie View Post
    I am sure there are many women reading this thread singlemumma who are dealing with longterm consequences of someone forcing themselves upon them, financial, emotional, physical, mental.

Have you thought of talking to someone about what happened to you?
    Yes I am after my break down a month ago.

If it was reversed yes a woman would have the choice to abort the child, but the father is not given the same choice so why should he be financially responsible?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Benji View Post
    I just get the feeling that it's the parents. Of course, I could be wrong, but I'd like to hear from him.
    Yeh it would be a lot easier to decide this if we had all the information.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Deserama For This Useful Post:

Benji  (09-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by singlemumma82 View Post
    I really hope none of you are in the situation where you are financially out of pocket from someone forcing themselves upon you, for me it is hard enough paying the pharmacist each month, I couldn't live with myself if I had to pay my ex who violated me instead.
    Yes I am out of pocket due to the actions of another. But it is not the fault of the child. I would not question giving money to her if she was not in my care. I still cannot believe people would want to leave a child out of pocket.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    the thing is...they are both children. There is a sub category of youth that goes from 16-27...because it is scientifically proven that the brain does not fully develop until between 22-25.

Now, if this were a case of someone if a position of power (which is what stat rape was initially introduced for) like a teacher or carer...then it would be different. If there was physical force/emotional coercion it would be different.

From all accounts...they were in a consensual relationship. Now, there are women on here who had their bubs young and I would put money on a few of them having sex under 15 with a partner over 18...are they victims? Is there husband/partner a rapist?

After the fact, his parents now want the baby...but really, is it suitable grandparents who would destroy their grandchild's mother in this way?

The inflamatory titles and labels help no one...especially this child. There is no report of neglect of any kind (and the media would jump on anything they could) and she is allowing visitation.

This is one of those cases where there is a world of extenuating circumstances where a youth court is needed. There is so much research to support that there needs to be something between youth detention and adult prison because for many many cases, there is a big difference and our young people need support while developing.

Even with only half the details it is clear that this case is a media beat up in many ways.

I find the whole thing sad and the responses on here to hang her out to dry and take her child away and label her for the next 25 years...shameful.
    Last edited by River Song; 09-04-2012 at 13:44.

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to River Song For This Useful Post:

Alexander Beetle  (09-04-2012),FiveInTheBed  (09-04-2012),Janesmum123  (09-04-2012),nerdgirl99  (09-04-2012),shelle65  (09-04-2012),Stiflers Mom  (09-04-2012),VicPark  (09-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by smileygirl View Post
    the thing is...they are both children. There is a sub category of youth that goes from 16-27...because it is scientifically proven that the brain does not fully develop until between 22-25.

Now, if this were a case of someone if a position of power (which is what stat rape was initially introduced for) like a teacher or carer...then it would be different. If there was physical force/emotional coercion it would be different.

From all accounts...they were in a consensual relationship. Now, there are women on here who had their bubs young and I would put money on a few of them having sex under 15 with a partner over 18...are they victims? Is there husband/partner a rapist?

After the fact, his parents now want the baby...but really, is it suitable grandparents who would destroy their grandchild's mother in this way?

The inflamatory titles and labels help no one...especially this child. There is no report of neglect of any kind (and the media would jump on anything they could) and she is allowing visitation.

This is one of those cases where there is a world of extenuating circumstances where a youth court is needed. There is so much research to support that there needs to be something between youth detention and adult prison because for many many cases, there is a big difference and our young people need support while developing.

Even with only half the details it is clear that this case is a media beat up in many ways.

I find the whole thing sad and the responses on here to hang her out to dry and take her child away and label her for the next 25 years...shameful.
    Agree 100%

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Deserama View Post
    Because the child still needs to eat. The child still has the right to be financially supported by BOTH parents like ANY OTHER CHILD! That's why!
    Victims of crime should not be punished.
    How ludicrous!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to zombiekitty For This Useful Post:

singlemumma82  (09-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by zombiekitty View Post
    How ludicrous!
    I completely agree.

Thanks
    Reviews
    since when is supporting your child a punishment?

and who, in this case...is the victim?

by the statutes...i could be accused of rape. Why? Because I have had sex that I initiated with my husband when he was drunk and I was sober. Technically, he could not consent as he was drunk.

things can be twisted easily...

Thanks
    Reviews
    does anyone realise this story is from 2008? would be interesting to know what ended up happening

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by zombiekitty View Post
    How ludicrous!
    I don't see supporting an innocent child as punishment. The child did nothing wrong and should ALWAYS come first!

Smileygirl - makes a very good point!