+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by singlemumma82 View Post
    This is it! End of story! How can you force a victim to pay for something they where forced into doing!
    Because him or his parents obviously want something to do with the baby, he just wants to pick and choose how he supports her which isnt good enough. If he wanted nothing to do with child then the mother prob wouldnt chase for cs, it wouldnt even be on the news. But him or his olds are basically saying 'we want the child in our care for whatever reason but we are not going to help support it until then' and thats no good imo.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Benji View Post
    I think perhapsin sensitive cases like this, the baby could be supported by government or food stamps/whatever. It does seem like a bit of a slap in the face to have to hand over cash when he had no choice in becoming a parent Until the laws change you're right, we can't see children going to bed hungry.
    But he is choosing to become a parent by fighting for custody

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I feel really bad for the poor kiddo as he had no choice in becoming a parent in the first place due to his age and I get the feeling that his parents are pushing him into this. I would feel awful if this isn't what he wants when all he had to do was hand over a small amount of cash, now he will be forced to give up school to raise baby and will cost him a hell of a lot more financially and otherwise!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PuppyGuts View Post
    But he is choosing to become a parent by fighting for custody

His parents want custody, not him.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    In this case, perhaps the parents (of the father) should be the ones paying child support... kind of like if an underage child commits a crime, then the parents have to pay damages. They are still responsible for him legally.

I don't know about the circumstances surrounding the conception but it sounds like the mother comes from an awful home environment.

If a 19 year old boy got a 15 year old girl pregnant and then he had custody of the child, I would have no problem iwth the mother having an obligation towards child support tbh.

Teenage pregnancy is not uncommon and there are teens taking responsibility for babies all the time.

I don't think it is right that a teen of that age be given the burden of responsibility for the child, but tbh I think the grandparents should be shouldering the burden as it is really their job to be taking care of their kids and making sure they either a. dont get in the situation or b. are supported if it happens.

It's all a grey area of course and we are dealing with human emotions, which are not easily governed by law.

In my mind, statutory rape in this kind of situation can't be lumped in with rape generally.

In a rape scenario in which coercion, force, intimidation or etc were involved I'd make a different assessment no doubt.

I could understand their reluctance to pay child support if they feel the child is not being cared for, that the mother will spend the money on alcohol or whatever the concern is.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Can we confirm that it's ONLY the parents who want custody and not him? Like he is against this? Would he not have anything to do with the child whatsoever while he is living under the same roof as the product of his rape? (assuming he's still living at home with his parents). Is this all happening against his will too? Is he still 15....would he not be at a legal age to be able to decide whether or not he wishes to live with the product of his rape?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I really hope none of you are in the situation where you are financially out of pocket from someone forcing themselves upon you, for me it is hard enough paying the pharmacist each month, I couldn't live with myself if I had to pay my ex who violated me instead.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to singlemumma82 For This Useful Post:

Calico  (09-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am sure there are many women reading this thread singlemumma who are dealing with longterm consequences of someone forcing themselves upon them, financial, emotional, physical, mental.

Have you thought of talking to someone about what happened to you?

Thanks
    Reviews
    In this case, perhaps the parents (of the father) should be the ones paying child support...
    There you go....why can't the parents be responsible for the CS?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Deserama View Post
    Can we confirm that it's ONLY the parents who want custody and not him? Like he is against this? Would he not have anything to do with the child whatsoever while he is living under the same roof as the product of his rape? (assuming he's still living at home with his parents). Is this all happening against his will too? Is he still 15....would he not be at a legal age to be able to decide whether or not he wishes to live with the product of his rape?
    I just get the feeling that it's the parents. Of course, I could be wrong, but I'd like to hear from him.